“Experience of a life time!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Captain Fred's Airboat Nature Tours

Captain Fred's Airboat Nature Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Capt Freds world famous airboat tours are the best nature tours in central Florida. Our tour will offer sightings of a wide range of wildlife, from alligators to bald eagles. Great family fun, Hold baby alligators IN OUR OFFICE(we are licensed) Holding baby alligators in the WILD is a Federal offence. This airboat tour offers the best value and fun for your money. Seven days/wk by reservations See true old Florida. Established 1995
Llanidloes, United Kingdom
“Experience of a life time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

12 foot alligators, baby alligators, bald eagles, turtles, snakes, fish - great boat ride, wonderful commentary during the pre-boat ride and whilst onboard Capt. Wayne's airboat! (wealth of knowledge). Certainly up close and personal with the wild life; all in all, money and a couple of hours well spent.

Visited April 2013
luckylucy7777, Owner at Captain Fred's Airboat Nature Tours, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
I am glad you got to see the Big Boy who lives on the island. We know where he lives, but he's not always home. (It is not a zoo) They are cold blooded and the weather does effect their behavior. Today was cloudy and the water smooth as glass-the saw about 15-lots of big ones. Thank you for taking time to write a very nice review. Gator Lady

Scotts, Michigan
“Fun little getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

While visiting the Orlando area we my 17 year old son and 13 year old daughter decided this would be a fun thing to do. We called on a Tuesday morning and were able to be on a 1PM tour that same day. The three of us spent a nice hour and a half seeing alligators in their natural habitat while cruising the lake on an airboat. Hearing protection is provided as the boat is loud. Captain Wayne and the entire staff were friendly and knowledgeable. Really turned out better than I expected. Must have seen 10 alligators. Also many types of birds. If you've never been on an airboat tour, I would highly recommend this. Price was reasonable.

Visited April 2013
luckylucy7777, Owner at Captain Fred's Airboat Nature Tours, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thanks for the review. We do have lots of birds. I don't get to go on rides as often as I'd like, but I still get great picture right from the pier., (I'm took pic of immature white ibis today - see photos) The temp is finally normal Gators are right on schedule. It is courting and begining of mating season.ll The big gators will be heading for deep water during heat of day and will go to "gator parties" all night long. PARTY!!-----Gator Lady
Halifax, Canada
“My kids liked it more than Disney!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I'm from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. My husband and our two children, ages 6 & 8, travelled to Florida recently (March 2013) and spent two days at Disney and two at Legoland which were great but when we returned home and the kids were asked about their trip, it was Captain Fred's Airboat Nature Tours that they most often talked about to people. The whole experience was wonderful. I called the evening before and was able to book us all on a boat the next morning. The fee was very reasonable. My kids were the only children on the ride so the captain made sure they were seated in the front and were able to get the most out of the experience. We got to hold tiny little baby alligators which are surprisingly cute and vulnerable animals. My kids learned amazing things about these creatures and their environment and the boat ride and scenery was absolutely beautiful. It was great to get away from the pavement and fake world of Disney and see a bit of Florida in its natural state. The captain was extremely knowledgable about the wildlife and the ecosystem of the lake. I would recommend this adventure for people of all ages. The boat ride is not too fast or scary and is very safe, a top notch experience!

And to top it off, at the end of the ride we were given a few copies of a very nice photo taken of us all on the boat and placed on a Captain Fred's calendar, this was provided at no extra cost and is a great souvenir from our trip.

Visited March 2013
luckylucy7777, Owner at Captain Fred's Airboat Nature Tours, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for such a nice review. Your children were so well behaved, listened to instrustions and really totally enjoyed every minute with the pet gators. That's what it is all about. You can not have that neat esperience anywhere else. That's why I get babies and handle them everyday. Seeing is believing. Victor sends gator hugs. Gator Lady
Jamestown, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun for the family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

This was a very fun and informative tour of Lake Hamilton. Captain Wayne was very knowledgeable about the wildlife and plants of the area. At the end of the tour you got to meet and hold a baby alligator, Victor. We had a good time.

Visited April 2013
Thanks, Susie for taking time to give a review. Everyone loves Victor!! Gator Lady
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

This was more fun than I expected. Our guide Cap'n James was so knowledgable and entertaining. I would highly recommend this.native Florida at its best.

Visited April 2013
Capt James is a true Floridan, with a great sense of humor, always smiling. We think he is the best. Capt James says, " Thank you". Thanks for taking time and giving a review. Gator Lady