“sadly in need”

Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Naples
“sadly in need”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This hotel is sadly in need of repairs and major facelift. Bathroom area was scuzzy, the shower area was falling apart, wall paper was coming off walls.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank Susan H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We choose this hotel because it was pet friendly. Being part of the wyndham family we figured it was a decent place to stay. WOW were we wrong. When we first got there the first room they gave us was well over 100 degrees. They said they do not keep the AC going in the room. It was cooler outsite! After an hour of the AC not cooling the room down no cold water, and my boyfriend having to carry a fridge to our room, we had to change rooms (yea, he carried the fridge. There are NOT fridge's in every room as they advertise.) Our second room was so slanted I felt like I was sleeping on a hill. The stairs were falling off the dang building to get to the second floor. The entire room was in the worst condition I have ever seen a hotel room that I do not even think it is legal for them to be in service still. The bath tub never fully emptied because it was such a bad slant. Oh and when you took a shower, it sounded as if the whole room was going to cave in. Do not stay here. This place is out of control. This was by far my worst hotel experience every and I will never stay in another travel lodge ever again, let alone a hotel belonging to Wyndham.

Room Tip: Read the reviews, I wish I had before I went here
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lerin S
Lake City, Florida
Reviewed September 18, 2011

The room was very dirty and smelled. I asked to switched to a different room and had the same problems. The hotel staff were not friendly.

Room Tip: There are not good rooms.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank MsLeticiaC

Travelers are raving about these Lake City hotels

Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed December 5, 2010

It was just off the highway and the room we had faced the highway. I asked the desk clerk if people staying in these rooms ever complained of any road noise. She said no but I never heard so many trucks in all my travels. I wouldn't recommend this place even for the price.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LanJacMur
atlanta
Reviewed August 1, 2008

the rooms were in an ok state, the staff was helpful and check in was fast. and i loved the free in room safes :)

• Liked — nice rooms
  • Disliked — no pool
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank johnsilcox
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed November 20, 2007

Reasonably clean, bed was "ok". Furnishings are otherwise run-down. One lamp did not work. The room didn't smell bad, but the lobby sure did. OTOH, it was cheap. Still, we'll be trying someplace else next time we're in town.

Stayed November 2007
2 Thank Gannet2
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed February 25, 2007

I've stayed in some dumpy rooms, but this one is right up there. Stay away if you can.

Got stuck there on a driving trip where we failed to plan ahead. Arrived in town late and many other hotels were booked. The Travelodge had a $ 49.00 sign up so the girl and I said "what the heck".

The night staff was watching the hotel info channel in the lobby. You know, that channel where they tell what's going on in the hotel. Only think is, there was nothing going on. I saw the channel later in the room and it was blank. The guy was watching a blue screen with no events listed. Very strange.

We did get a $ 49 room and you get what you pay for. The room literally sloped toward the bathroom (for drainage, I guess). the closet racks were rusty and when you slid one of those cheap don't-steal-me hangers off it was like scraping nails on a chalkboard.

The bed was one of those broken down models, where the sheets didn't quite cover the mattress (eeew). The shower had good pressure if you could stand the grunge. No one hear ever heard of scubbing bubbles, I guess.

Water stains on the ceilings added to the ambiance. Stay away from the coffee maker, too.

• Liked — It was open.
  • Disliked — Cleanliness.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank eaaesq