“Amazing for the price!”

Americas Best Value Inn - Lake City
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Yes, this hotel has no frills but all I was looking for was a clean room to sleep and shower with a refridgerator. And, this hotel definitely exceeded my expectations! For the price you can't beat it. The room felt cleaner than many more expensive hotels and the shower was nice. Yes, the room was small, the TV was old, and the A/C blows directly on you a bit but for the price I expected much worse.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Megan L
There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn - Lake City

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Basic hotel with few frills. If you are only looking for a place to sleep, this is a great option. TVs are old CRT versions, but they work. Shower in basic king room was pretty small, but again, it's a no frills place.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Laura O
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Our room for $39.00 had a very comfortable king-sized bed with basic furnishings. Everything was clean and the staff polite and helpful. The bathroom was small but made roomier by the round, corner shower. A very good value when looking for a one night stop while traveling. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Dale S
Reviewed February 8, 2014

My husband and I thought this hotel was okay for the night for the price ($39.00). The room was clean and comfortable, although a bit on the small side. It had a frig and microwave. The staff was friendly. We didn't encounter any cleanliness issues, but the corner shower (no tub) was weird and my husband ran out of hot water in the morning and had to rinse in cold while he was screaming!!!! No free breakfast, but there was a Waffle House about a 5 minute walk away--- about an extra $20.00 cost, so we might as well have stayed in a hotel that offered a free breakfast. Try not to stay in a room facing the street if you decide to stay, it was very noisy with road traffic.

Room Tip: Try not to stay in a room facing the street if you decide to stay, it was very noisy with road traff...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JJV55016
M6GMLC, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thank you for leaving a review regarding your stay. Our employees strive for the utmost cleanliness of our rooms and they appreciate the good feedback. However I am sorry for the lack of hot water during the end of you shower. This property installed new hot water heaters in Dec. 2012 with enough capacity for guestrooms, commercial laundry, and even more capacity for an additional commercial washer installed in Fall 2013. This should not have happened, but it did and do I apologize and will investigate the matter to ensure that it does not occur again.
Our aim is truly to be the "Best Value" in town by offering an affordable rate, clean comfortable rooms in a safe family friendly environment. I am happy that you were able to take advantage of our Seasonal Special Rate and enjoy a sit down meal for two at a restaurant with the savings.
We do hope to see you again.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

As others have said, very basic but appeared clean until several cockroaches appeared in the room! This may have been a one-off event, but we felt very uncomfortable. Reported same to housekeeping. Would not stay again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank TeraGigabyte

We are very sorry for the unpleasant experience. Yes, this is an exception and not the norm for this property and thank you for bringing it to our attention. We do have pest control service that treats the motel on a regular basis, they have informed and are treating this room. If informed we could have given you another room. This was an unfortunate isolated incident in that one particular room, but it should not have happened and I understand your reservations. Again I deeply apologize and assure you that the problem is being resolved.

Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

I stopped here on my road trip with my daughter, and we got a room for $39 with 2 beds. Beds were super comfortable and the guy at the front desk was very nice and friendly. While it ain't the hilton, everything was clean and the room smelled good. Can't beat it for this price. Will definitely stay here again on my next trip.

Stayed: January 2014
4  Thank Monseyfire

THANK YOU ! This is the response we like from our guest. I am glad that you had a pleasant stay.
We will see you on you next visit.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Economic and well worth the money, smaller rooms, but what more can one expect for the money. Very clean, friendly staff restaurants nearby, easy access to interstate. Would stay there again when traveling through.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Je F

Thank you for leaving us a review. Our housekeeping staff works hard to keep the property clean.
I will share your positive comments with them as well as the front office staff. I see that you gave us a 3 out of 5 for overall review, although you gave us high marks 5 out of 5 for cleanliness, service, sleep quality, and value. Room size is something out of our control. Our aim is achieve 5 out of 5 guest satisfaction rating among economy motels and will continuous strive for that goal.
We look forward to seeing you again.