“Back Again”

Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Detroit, Michigan
“Back Again”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This was our 2nd visit to this motel. It's not bad. Comfy bed, clean room. Friendly staff. Easy on, easy off access to the expressway. Has to be the best value at this exit. No complaints for an over night stay. Will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MittenGal
M6GMLC, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Lake City, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you again for leaving a kind review. Your comments are greatly appreciated and we look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
themeparkjunkie5
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Small room. Had good-sized fridge, microwave, coffeemaker. Older tv, maybe 17". Shower, no tub, with good shower head (full stream). Shampoo in packet instead of bottle. Towels small, rough, not very absorbent (take 2). Desk, table, 2 chairs. Pool. Well-lit outside but drapes do not block out light. No blow dryer, clock radio/alarm, notepaper, pen, or tissues so bring your own. Quiet. Decent area. Near interstate surrounded by other hotels where you could spend twice as much. Lots of food options nearby. Felt safe. Satisfactory place for a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: I had a poolside room, may be quieter than those facing out.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank themeparkjunkie5
Thank you for taking this time to leave a review. We are happy that your stay was pleasant. Please note upon your return that we have blow dryers, clock radio/alarms , ironing boards, etc. . Just call the front desk. We look forward to seeing you again.

**NOTE TO TRAVELERS**
Blow dryers, clock radio/alarms , ironing boards, etc. are available at the front desk.
Seminole, FL
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed here overnight to break up a long road trip, and thought it was a great value. This appears to be an older motel, but has been renovated and is very clean. My room (220) was spotless, even the corners were clean. It's a very basic room with few frills, but the a/c was cold and the bed was firm and comfortable. There was a 4-cup coffee machine, which I appreciated. Bathroom was fine. No bathtub, but instead a circular-shaped shower that I liked for its simple design. Only flaw I noticed was a lightbulb missing from one of the light fixtures, but it wasn't a problem. For an extended stay, I would likely look for a hotel with more amenities, but I can definitely recommend staying here for a night or two.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank pav777
M6GMLC, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Lake City, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We appreciate your time and value your input. (That light bulb has now been changed). We look forward to seeing you again.!
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My family stayed here for one night on our way to Disney. Compared to the price of other hotels it was a great deal. The room smelled clean and the bath room was clean. The only problem we had was we had to wear shoes due to the bottoms of our feet and my children's turning black from walking barefoot. Carpet needed to be cleaned.

• Stayed September 2012
M6GMLC, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Lake City, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Thank you for taking time to leave us a review. We appreciate the input and correct what is possible. ( I do wish I knew a name/ town or the room you occupied as I have no way of knowing and checking logs to single in on the room. The carpet is new so it is not a property wide problem.) We hope to see you again!

**The carpet is new so it is not a property wide problem.
Safety Harbor, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was in town for a dog show and just needed a place to sleep for two nights. They put me in the back which was ok as it was quiet. The room was small but clean and the bed was clean and comfortable. For the price and for a few nights this was a good choice since Manley of the hotels in the area want to charge for my dog and they did not. I would stay here again for a few nights.

Room Tip: Ask for room in back off main road.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Ronald M
M6GMLC, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Lake City, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy to know you had a pleasant stay and look forward to your return.
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

I am slightly a hotel snob. I usually will not stay at a budget hotel. I went with trip advisor and gave it a shot. What a nice experience! Everyone I met was pleasant. The room, while a little smaller than what I'm used to, was very clean. That's the most important thing to me. The bed was comfortable. The water was hot. The grounds were clean and well lit. I was very impressed with this place for the price. I would stop here again on my way through Lake City.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Micah214
Thank you! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We are happy to know you had a pleasant stay and hope to see you again.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a great place to stay if you're just looking for a room near the Interstate for a night or so. The place obviously has been around awhile, but the rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. The exterior seems to have taken a hit or two from the Florida weather, but you didn't pick a hotel because you wanted to stay outside. I had to switch rooms at first because the light in the bathroom didn't turn on when I flipped the switch, and the second room's door handle was difficult to get used to. (You really had to lay into it to get it to turn!) But once we established who was boss, it gave me no more trouble. Pool looked OK, even though I didn't have a chance to use it. This place even has a laundry room for guests. All in all, a good value for just a few of your dollars.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Ron L
M6GMLC, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Lake City, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We look forward to seeing you again!