“Nice for the price”

Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Kentucky
“Nice for the price”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stayed overnight on our way to the Florida Keys. I was hesitant because it has exterior doors instead of opening to a hallway. But the room was updated and clean and quiet. The room was small, but for the price, I was pleased. Breakfast was skimpy, so we ended up going to the Chick fil A nearby. But other than that, it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Nirav K, General Manager at Econo Lodge North, responded to this review, March 27, 2014

Nirav Kapasi
Econolodge, Lake City, Florda
386-752-7891

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Sparta, Georgia
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is a wonderful place to stay with the exception of two items that would make this hotel a 5 star for sure. The plus features are cleanliness, friendliness of the staff and housekeepers, the easy on easy off from I-75, the cleanliness of the pool and grounds (they even have a gazebo with a porch swing inside), and the quietness of the area despite the close proximity to the interstate. The areas that need improvement are 1) the matresses are extremely hard and gave me a back ache and a restless sleep which was not a good thing. 2) the breakfast that they provided did not contain a waffle iron or anything hot to eat. If the management could improve these items, I do believe that the end result would be awesome. The price for this room is quite reasonable and I believe that a sleep number bed would be worth a bit higher rate in order to quarantee and better sleep...DO YOU AGREE?

Room Tip: Request a ground level floor facing the pool...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Nirav K, General Manager at Econo Lodge North, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear John,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Nirav Kapasi
Econolodge, Lake City, Florda
386-752-7891
South Lake Tahoe, California, United States
Reviewed October 4, 2013

First off let me say I stayed here during what locals call "love bug season" the bugs were horrendous. They were even in my room!

The front desk clerk was accommodating and did some pest control and even swept and gave me a small discount for my inconvenience.

There is a nice pool and it is a very quiet place. Good places to jog in the early morning.

The beds were very old and the curtains are needing replaced.
Bathroom was nice!

Room Tip: Do not stay in Lake City during "Love bug season" stay in Ft. White and get out of the bu...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TahoeLOC
Nirav K, Manager at Econo Lodge North, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent visit to your hotel.

Nirav Kapasi.
GM
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Very old, motel style rooms with doors opening to parking lot. Everything was outdated and needed to be replaced...beds were very uncomfortable, carpet was worn, paint was dirty. All hotels in the area were booked, so our family had to stay here. Very limited "continental" breakfast. On the positive side: Pool was nice. The staff was friendly. Rooms were as clean as could be expected with a place that outdated.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Nirav K, General Manager at Econo Lodge North, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your satisfaction. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with superior experience.

Nirav Kapasi.

Travelers are raving about these Lake City hotels

McMinnville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We found it to be very clean. The beds were very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I had medication that needed to be refrigerated and there was no problem with that. I would recommend it to anyone needing a good nights rest whether on vacation or just passing through to a destination.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Nirav K, Manager at Econo Lodge North, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a time to give us a feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

We hope to see you again soon!

Nirav Kapasi(GM).
Bellvue, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The property is certainly old, however I had no complaints. People often act like they should get 5 star treatment at a hotel that they are paying $50 a night for. When I arrived early they had my room ready, I was waiting on my guest so I went and changed into my trunks. The pool was empty and I had it all to myself, so I enjoyed the quiet in the deep end for close to 2 hours. The pool was clean and water was clear.

After my guest arrived and we went to the room, it was clean, the TV is the older style not flat screens but they worked fine. My only real complaint would be that the toilet was sluggish to flush (not uncommon at a motel) and the shower heads seemed rather low on the wall but this is also something that is common in an older property.

One of the more important things to me at a motel is the linens. I can say that the lines on our beds were clean, fresh, and crisp. You could tell that they had just been washed.

The breakfast was simple but covered the necessities and everything was fresh. All the pastries and cereal was in individual servings which I like because that means that it's fresh. The milk was actually in a little fridge type thing and not poured in a canter everyday which made me feel it was safe to use.

Although we did connect to the wifi it could be tricky to get a solid connection but we did connect.

The 2 shifts of staff that I dealt with were both very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We stayed on the bottom floor and wasn't really bothered by noise from traffic or other guest. O...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jeremy T
Nirav K, General Manager at Econo Lodge North, responded to this review, May 30, 2013

Conyers, GA
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We were on a trip to Miami from Atlanta and stopped here for the night on the way south. The place is a bit run down, but the staff is friendly and the place was neat even if it was a bit threadbare. We paid a bit more at the Comfort Inn down the road on the way back up. We still got our points for Choice hotels with an upgrade for rooms and breakfast.

If you are on a budget or if you need a place that allows pets, the Econo Lodge North is the place for you. I think I'll stay at the newer Comfort Suite myself.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank evac93rd
Nirav K, General Manager at Econo Lodge North, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you very much for taking a time and share your experience.