“Pleased.”
Review of Econo Lodge North

Econo Lodge North
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The property is certainly old, however I had no complaints. People often act like they should get 5 star treatment at a hotel that they are paying $50 a night for. When I arrived early they had my room ready, I was waiting on my guest so I went and changed into my trunks. The pool was empty and I had it all to myself, so I enjoyed the quiet in the deep end for close to 2 hours. The pool was clean and water was clear.

After my guest arrived and we went to the room, it was clean, the TV is the older style not flat screens but they worked fine. My only real complaint would be that the toilet was sluggish to flush (not uncommon at a motel) and the shower heads seemed rather low on the wall but this is also something that is common in an older property.

One of the more important things to me at a motel is the linens. I can say that the lines on our beds were clean, fresh, and crisp. You could tell that they had just been washed.

The breakfast was simple but covered the necessities and everything was fresh. All the pastries and cereal was in individual servings which I like because that means that it's fresh. The milk was actually in a little fridge type thing and not poured in a canter everyday which made me feel it was safe to use.

Although we did connect to the wifi it could be tricky to get a solid connection but we did connect.

The 2 shifts of staff that I dealt with were both very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We stayed on the bottom floor and wasn't really bothered by noise from traffic or other guest. O...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeremy T
Nirav K, General Manager at Econo Lodge North, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We were on a trip to Miami from Atlanta and stopped here for the night on the way south. The place is a bit run down, but the staff is friendly and the place was neat even if it was a bit threadbare. We paid a bit more at the Comfort Inn down the road on the way back up. We still got our points for Choice hotels with an upgrade for rooms and breakfast.

If you are on a budget or if you need a place that allows pets, the Econo Lodge North is the place for you. I think I'll stay at the newer Comfort Suite myself.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank evac93rd
Nirav K, General Manager at Econo Lodge North, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you very much for taking a time and share your experience.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

On our way south stop at Econolodge for 1 night stay, Check in person was very nice he even called us to our room after check in just to meke sure evertything is all right, that was nice touch. Nice and clean room with comfortable beds. In the morning person offer us breakfast even after 30 minutes closing of breakfast time, that was very nice.we will stay there again.

Room Tip: very easy in and out and Nice clean room at comfortable price.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank j c
Nirav K, General Manager at Econo Lodge North, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Thank you for taking a time and share your experience with us.

Nirav Kapasi
Econolodge
386-752-7891

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Just needed a place to get some rest on the way to south Florida from North Carolina. Booked room online day before and got a good rate. Check in was great. Deviin was ready for us and even moved us from a pet room to a non pet room. This is key as I have major cat allergies. Devin also called about 15 minutes after check in to see if everything was in order. It was and things were fine. Ok, no the down side. This property sits very close to I-95 and a frontage road of some sort. It is quite noisy and some folks using the frontage road revved their motors at all hours of the night. I did not get a restful night sleep. Breakfast was a little better than expected. The staff thanked me for our loyalty upon check out.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room on the side away from the Interstate.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Catfish47
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We booked here for one night while traveling to Tampa. There were 6 of us. 4 adults and 2 teens. We booked a "suite". This consisted of 2 double beds and a pull out sofa. The room was no bigger than an average hotel room. The air conditioner could have been a little cooler. The pool was nice and refreshing. The room was adequate for what we needed. I knew i wasnt booking a 5 star property. we just needed somewhere to relax and sleep for the night. this was sufficient. The girl at the desk in the evening was very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank taz967
Reviewed June 14, 2012

No service .........refused to take AAA /coupon..charged full price for 2 nights ..then....coffee maker broke...toilet broke..we fixed...dirty tub...requested fridge cause had one last time...no one cared...called 800 customer service...they did not care......and then blamed me..........come to Lake City once a month...going to another hotel next time.........Enjoy the extra $40
econo lodge...They lost a long term customer for $40.....not good business...

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Carla B
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The only thing going for it is it was a bed to sleep in, a roof over your head, and a shower. Room wasn't dirty, but it was a little run down. Door would not close without inserting key and turning the knob, bathroom door would not close at all. Tub would not drain while taking a shower, so you had to stand in water the whole time! Picture on tv was going out. Beds are very firm, not comfortable at all to me. No mini fridge or microwave, which is standard in most every other hotel I've ever stayed in.
Rates are pretty cheap, though, so if you're looking for the basics and don't expect much, you would probably be okay with this room.
It is also right next to the interstate, so that is convenient if you don't want to go very far from I-75 - but there is also a Best Western on the other side of the convenience store, so I would choose the Best Western if ever staying there again, or other hotel if being right off the interstate is not a preference.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 207
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business