“Could be better...” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Covington, Louisiana
“Could be better...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

This motel is in a good location, but it needs some help. Stayed four nights here and noted that although the sheets were changed every day, the blanket and spread had not been changed. The carpet was vacuumed in the traffic areas of the room, but there was dust and dirty spots in some of the corners. Bathroom was fairly clean, but had a musty smell and the sink stopper didn't work, nor did the tub drain well. Fortunately, all I needed was a rack for the night and didn't spend much time in the room. If I were traveling with my wife, I'd stay elsewhere. Wi-fi connection didn't work at all when I arrived and eventually had to go to the lobby and ask to have the router reset. Afterward, it worked well in the lobby, but the signal was iffy in the room I was in. Didn't eat breakfast at the motel, but it looked like the regular continental breakfast fare was available. Although this is an older, dated facility, it wouldn't take a lot of investment to make it a really nice, lower cost motel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank frankly73
daysinnI75, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Lake City I-75, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank You for taking time to let us know how we are doing and we invite you to stay with us again to see if we have used this review to change and get better, I have printed this review and spoke to all of or Housekeeping staff so that we can do a better job in that area and we have plans to improve our guest rooms in the near future as well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

After spending 4 hours reviewing hotels in Lake City, FL I was torn between hotels in the area. There were so many mixed reviews, even with more pricey hotels. I booked at www.daysinn.com $55/night for 4 adult travelors. Being educated with what to expect, I booked a non-smoking double deluxe room on 2nd floor & asked for a microwave & for the A/C to be turned on before we arrived. Guess what? They DO read the comments in the online reservations. Our room was cool and microwave was already in room. Shelly was amazing at check in. Going out of her way to make sure an extra $5 charge was reversed ASAP because I didn't know they already put a microwave in our room free of charge and I asked for a microwave at check-in. They are on top of things here! Amazing customer service! We had extra towels within 3-5 minutes of asking for them. Our keys worked every time. Room was super clean. We brought our own pillows based on previous reviews but there were 3 per double bed (2 soft & 1 firm). Double beds are normal so space was tight but it's what we booked. Hot water in shower every time! Everything works & sufficient number of outlets. We had at least 1 extra outlet for chargers. Plenty of privacy. No loud neighbors or music. Not a single bug anywhere. No bed bugs. No roaches. Nothing. Door jam is completely sealed under door... just one space where light comes through in corner. Completely safe and comfortable!!! Bed is firm but with traveling, it's nice to have back support in the right spots. I can see Holiday Inn from the parking lot & am so relieved that I saved my money & stayed here at Days Inn. We are staying a total of 2 nights so costs add up quickly, glad I saved money on hotel. Had breakfast at Cracker Barrel and dinner at Texas Roadhouse for 4 adults. Another good investment! Wal-Mart very closeby for grocery needs. Businesses appreciate our business & treat us with kindness & respect. 100% recommended!! Don't be lead away from Days Inn. Clearly, they have been reading reviews & taking immediate action! I only have good things to say about this place! Happy travels to you & your families!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank TeamMaSh
daysinnI75, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Lake City I-75, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
I am so sorry that it took me so long to see the review you took alot of time to write. I truly wish to Thank You for staying with us and I remember your reservation as well as it was me that turned on your a/c. All Hotels get good and bad reviews its what we do with the information that matters. Come back and stay at what many think is the Best Budget Hotel in the Lake City area.
Townville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Hotel was clean and staff was friendly BUT the hotel is old, the air conditioner was very noisy, and the noise from the parking lot as well as the traffic noise made for a restless night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinnI75, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Lake City I-75, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank You for taking the time to review our Hotel and Thank You for staying with us, The next time that you stay with us if might I suggest a room on the backside of the Hotel that side is opposite all of the city traffic.

Travelers are raving about these Lake City hotels

HARRISON
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is a easy location but not a clean place....a large amount of strange individuals were around and staying at this hotel as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinnI75, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Lake City I-75, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
We wish to Thank You for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We have a Long Horn steakhouse and a Olive Garden being built right next door to us and those individuals you are speaking of are the men and women building those restaurants. Please come and stay again at the best Budget Hotel located in the Lake City area
Hunstanton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

We enjoyed the swim in the pool and advice of places to eat. Bed very comfortable, we had a good night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

2 Thank Michael H
daysinnI75, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Lake City I-75, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
We wish to Thank You for staying at what we like to consider the Best Budget Hotel in the Lake City Area and also for taking the time to review our Hotel as well, Please come back and visit us again very soon.
HENDERSON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed at Days Inn in Lake City after a very bad experience in another motel. The Days Inn was a very pleasant experience, The room was nice and clean, had a refrigerator which we didn't expect, and a nice staff. The breakfast was adequate, the usual--cereal, toast, coffee and fruit juice. The eating area was kept clean through the time we were there eating. There was someone there the entire time cleaning constantly. I do prefer, however, getting my receipt when I check in rather than when I check out.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

2 Thank 673JMM
daysinnI75, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Lake City I-75, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank You for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We were pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us, please come and stay with us again as we continue to attempt to be the Best Budget Hotel in our city. Please let us know when you check in next time and we can provide a copy of your folio at check in