“It is what it is”

Baymont Inn & Suites Lake City
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Reviewed January 19, 2007

My family and I stayed here one night because they were advertising a manager's special of $69 that night, which we felt was reasonable. The room was clean and had plenty of towels. There were some issues, however. This was one of the only hotels in Florida that I'd been to, that did not heat their outdoor pool. Because it was only around 60 degrees out, that was ruled out. The pool didn't look especially clean anyway, there were leaves and bugs in it. The building housing the hot tub and sauna was nice, although once you started the hot tub, it got so steamy that you could barely see. There was a shortage of towels in that building as well, we had to go ask someone to restock the towels, and they did after about 15 minutes. The rule about there being a $10 charge for filling coolers seemed a bit outrageous, and they were very serious about enforcing that one. The laundry room did provide some convenience, and it was lucky that we were the only ones doing laundry, because there were only 2 washers and 1 dryer. Breakfast the next morning was kind of lacking. We got down to the lobby around 8:30 and most everything was already gone. All in all, we took the good with the bad and it was okay, but not the best hotel I've been to. If in the area again, I might stay there, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed December 29, 2006

My family and I stayed at this hotel after a two-hour drive from Orlando. We arrived around 11:30pm, but had no trouble getting settled into our room. At first I was worried about the location of our room (we were at the very back of the hotel) because the hotel was very packed. The room ended up being a pleasant surprise. It seemed that this hotel had been renovated not too long ago. Our room was a nice size and everything was clean. The only complaint I had was that the sink water had a funny smell. We would most likely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
Sebring, FL
Reviewed June 25, 2006

This was one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in. It appeared to be built in the 1970s but had been totally remodeled. We stayed here during the late summer-early fall of 2004 too evacuate during hurricane Frances.

This was one of the only hotels we found with a vacancy and would accept pets. It was getting late and we needed a place to stay. The room was also clean and remodeled and had quality furniture, 2 queen beds, a separate sink and a microwave/fridge as well as a 25" color TV.

The grounds were nice as well with a fitness center and pool as well as an ice machine and vending machines. There were ponds on the property with boardwalks.
The office was nice as well and had a sitting area and breakfast room and also a computer and printer with internet access.

The next morning we ate the free continental breakfast. It was ok, but plain and was just a counter stocked with food and a toaster. One woman who had been staying there a few times told her husband she was getting tired of the breakfast and wanted to go out for breakfast.

We ended up staying here only one night as the hurricane was actually heading toward this hotel, so we went back home. We were lucky and happy to find such a nice hotel.
I would recommend this hotel and it was a good value.

• Stayed: October 2004, traveled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 3, 2006

We stayed for three nights at the end of May. The rooms are large and remodelled. The beds are comfortable and a refrigerator and microwave were included. The motel is quiet, farther from the interstate than some of the other motels. The continental breakfast is so-so but with what you save on the room you can afford to eat breakfast out.

• Stayed: May 2006
Reviewed June 1, 2006

I really enjoyed our stay at the Best Western in Lake City. The rooms were nice, good sized beds, clean, cold air, and smelled very good.

The continental breakfast was great.

The pool was nice.

My son really liked the baby alligator in the pond up front. They have a bridge/gazebo over the pond.

The only complaint I can give you about this hotel is that the building where the hot tub and sauna were was a little on the stinky side, but what sauna isn't a little on the smelly side.

• Stayed: May 2006
Reviewed March 19, 2006

We loved our stay at Best Western at Lake City Florida. Our room smelled good and was clean. Our air/heat was digital, and could be adjusted with a touch. We had a tremendous number of TV stations available, which is not the case many places that we have stayed, in much larger motels. Breakfast was good, as well. Overall a very pleasant experience!

Reviewed August 26, 2005

This hotel was very scenic with a landscaped water fall and tropical setting, and had a great location behind the gas station, and restaurant. It was convenient to just walk to dinner, and fill up the car. The continental breakfast had a good menu: bagels, hot waffles, donuts, fruit, as well as coffee, and juice. However, you have to go early to get the most of the selection.

The room was clean, and spacious. The refrigerator was bigger than most of the standard refrigerators at most hotels. The room also contained a microwave, but it was filthy. It had melted cheeze splewed all over the inside. The biggest concern I have about the room was the door. We noticed that there a gap between the doorframe and the outside. The gap is big enough to let in bugs, and in Florida, that should be corrected. The next morning we examined the outside of our door and noticed there was a wooden block on the outside of the door frame that probably effected the way the door closed. Made us suspicious that this hotel had a security problem.

If I'm Lake City, I'll go to another hotel or go to the next town.

• Stayed: July 2005