“Filthy”

Baymont Inn & Suites Lake City
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Reviewed October 25, 2013

This hotel has beautiful landscaping as you approach, lobby nice, but rest of it needs updating. Stairs leading to second floor were filthy as was the room! We put a chair under the door because it never closed properly. Filthy carpet, tub, shower curtain, etc., if it hadn't been so late, we would have left. We had driven 12 hours so were very tired.
I was charged $104.82 for a $20 room in my opinion. Two couples in front of us at check-in were charged $49 and $55. I asked why I was paying so much more and the lady said I had booked through a third party...huh? I said to cancel my reservation and she said she couldn't because it had been less than 48 hours. I booked it driving down the road just hours earlier!
The travel books that you pick up at rest areas for hotels....make sure you are calling the hotel instead of the numbers in those books...they are 3rd parties and add charges to the rate! My rate was $75.99 and it turned into $104.82. She also told me this hotel was the only one available in the area and there was only 2 rooms left....two lies!
Beware this property! I should have read the reviews first!

• Stayed: October 2013
There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Lake City

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stopped here to rest before going on to our destination in Ormond Beach, Florida. The room was adequate and comfortable, but there was mold around the bathtub and in the corners of the bathroom. The toilet was standard, but a taller one would be better regardless of the age of the travelers.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
supercraigster1, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for the review..

Reviewed October 19, 2013

It bothers me to give this place a less-than great review because the room was clean, old but clean, and there was new tile in the shower which also had good water pressure & drainage. The breakfast was decent with hard-boiled eggs & sausage, waffles, fruit, yogurt, cereals & breads, but there was a dining room attendant that was constantly bussing the tables and actually had a tip jar out which I thought was unusual. The staff was friendly. The streets around the hotel had sidewalks and several good restaurants within walking distance. There's limited TV ~ no HBO or even Headline News, at least in our room.

This was just a stop on our way from Point A to Point B, but given that the hotel industry is very competitive, we'll probably try a different place if we stop in Lake City again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
supercraigster1, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank You for the review... We try to keep the property and the rooms clean as possible as we are a older property. We are in the process of renovating the rooms.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We were on our way back from the mountains of North Carolina and stopped here. What a great place and Farrah at the front desk was so helpful! We were a walk in and was still able to get a room with a king sized bed! Room was very clean and everything was in its place. We will stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
supercraigster1, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank You... I am glade you enjoyed your stay. We are making new changes to Staff and Hotel it self. We want everyone to have the same experience.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

The rates were reasonable and the décor was great. I finally took my mom and my Fiancée on a trip to Florida and we stayed at the Best Western. Our stay was great and we enjoyed the breakfast and the staff were friendly..It was worth the money..

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank You for the review, I am glade you had a good experience.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

This was my 5th stay at this hotel. I have always felt safe and relaxed here. When my son was flooded out in July 2012 by Tropical Storm Debbie the staff went above and beyond to assist with any need we had. The laundry facility is always a plus as I don't have to do laundry when I get home! The pool and spa area are always clean and sanitized. And the breakfast lady is a sweetheart! Computer in the lobby and wi-fi throughout for those doing business on the go is a plus.

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review, we are glade you had a enjoyable stay.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

There aren't very many hotels in Lake City that have such a friendly and helpful staff! I have stayed at most of the hotels and found this Best Western very warm, comfortable and friendly. The only negative aspect was the hot spa was not HOT!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the review...I am sorry the hot tub was down, we made some upgrades to the spa, so everyone can enjoy having fun in the spa.