“We got what we payed for”

Baymont Inn & Suites Lake City
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Found this hotel om Priceline, payed about $65 total. decent hotel for money,but nothing special. There was a sauna, pool and workout area,but I never got tosee them. My son liked the waffles at the breakfast. The room was musty and the bed was okay. The comforter was thin and the pillows were to fluffy.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TheAntiTourist

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We were a party of 4 adults traveling with a large dog and we in need of lodging. Knowing some Best Western hotels are pet friendly, we called and made a reservation while traveling and decided to stay there site unseen. Well we should have left after seeing the room, but we already paid and tired from traveling all day. This place was run down, gross, and very tired. The pictures on the website look nothing like the room was at all, unless they have renovated a room. The whole property is in desperate need or a renovation, no wait, maybe raze the entire place! The beds were uncomfortable, rugs and furniture were stained, towels paper thin, the tv did work, which amazed me. The door had daylight coming through all sides and looked like someone had taken a crowbar to it at some point. The staff were friendly, that I will give them. The free breakfast was ok, but sparse selections. Could not wait to check out. Would not recommend at all. By the way, we paid much more than advertised and the other reviews.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Yes , this is an older motel , but that gives it one of the most quiet locations at this intersection. There are a lot of motels in the area , but we've returned to this one for 4 years . It has a pool , a workout area , an indoor hot-tub and a very friendly staff. There's also an outdoor , bring-your-own beverages bar , with 6-8 barstools . With a couple of grills also available , you could bring a bunch of friends and have a party !
The breakfast buffet includes waffles , hard-boiled-eggs , and sausage patties... as well as the usual things.
There's a small wardrobe in the lobby , with some unusual ladies' clothing and accessories for sale .... We'll be back !

Room Tip: VERY QUIET if you get rooms in the back...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I found some of these negative reviews puzzling. I paid $75 a night and there is a pool, a hot tub, and a wonderful breakfast bar in the morning. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were clean, I have no complaints. The building is well-maintained, the blacktop was fresh, and there's even a gazebo and a walk over of a lovely water pond.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Based on previous reviews one would expect some problems. Arrived at 6pm midweek and midmonth in Lake city. This motel was the only one in 4 or 5 motels that would accept a discount travel coupon. Interestingly, there were only a couple of cars in the parking lots of all those motels which refused to honor a travel coupon. When asked to quote their cheapest/senior rate, they all quoted a rate $30-$35 above the coupon, not a $10-$15 acceptable one. This motel was O.K. for the night and it paid for our dinner in what we saved by using our travel coupon. This room was one of the ones which had been somewhat updated with a flat screen TV and newer carpet. The only problem that we encountered was with the AC unit and it's control knobs witch were very touchy. We finally got it to work after fiddling and several trips to the office. Breakfast was what you come to expect for a continental one. They did have hard boiled eggs! Next time I think we will skip Lake City and stay in Gainesville or Ocala.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Let me start by saying that we were traveling with a softball team and was given a group rate of one price due to the number of rooms being reserved. Everything seemed to be going well. Several parents called to reserve their rooms and were given the same price we had been quoted through the hotel directly. Even speaking to different employees when booking. I my self reserved yesterday late afternoon confirmed the information that I was given and reserved my room for two nights. Then I was given a confirmation number. When arriving to practice that evening another parent went to make their reservation and was told they could not honor the price we were quoted and reserved for and she was told that those of us that already reserved would not be given the price we were quoted either instead we were going to be charged $99.99 an night this being $40.00 more than we had been quoted! So with further research and the parents getting together we discovered that the hotel called one parent and said that they could not honor the price of $59.99 but could do $69.99. Okay that was not to bad so she agreed to keep the room over the phone at that price. Now I never received a call so we had customer care at the 800 number check my reservation they had changed my price with out consent to the amount of $99.99 per night on my reservation after I had confirmed the original price when booking. So we proceeded to check the family's reservation that had received the phone call and told $69.99 instead of the $59.99 and long and behold they showed her reservation at the price of $99.99 per night as well. Now on to one of the other family's. They already billed her bank for a stay that has not happened yet for the amount of $59.99 per night. Keep in mind this was booked as a block with several rooms under a group! So when we try to discuss this matter directly with the hotel they pretty much told us sorry you will be charged the $99.99 per night and that the person that quoted us these rates was unathorized to do so. WAIT IT GETS BETTER! Now being a large group and as on of the parents went to the website to get rates and there is not even the most expensive room here the price of $99.99 per night. So then we call the Customer relations. At which point we were told this is a franchise and that they do have the right to set their own rates at each hotel but confirmed with us that this Particular Hotel did not have any rooms at the Price of $99.99 per night so he did not understand what they were trying to do.We were then told because we booked with the hotel directly and not through the 800 number their was not a lot that he could do. Until he came up with a solution that we could cancel our prior reservations and re-book through him and he would honor a rate of $ 70 something per night but with stricter policies. Keep in mind this is already after over a hour on the phone with multiple people and multiple prices. This man I must admit was the most helpful and most in raged by this situation himself and I believe the most sincere. Now here is where I stand on this matter. I understand mistakes can happen maybe the person who gave us the original price was not authorized to do so. (Fine) But they went into our confirmed reservations without consent Changed the price by $40 a night with out a phone call with out permission to do so or even the consideration of letting us know what they had done. They charged one person card the full amount before the stay with out letting them know they were doing so.( Although this person ended up being locked in at the original price of $59.99 per night with out the hotel being able to change it on them. Thanks To the customer relations person. So now here is were it gets fun. Had we not have had one person call later than us and be treated horrible on the phone we all would have arrived on our check in date to find out of the $40 dollar difference to either have to accept it or cancel and be charged for the late cancellation. On top of that they were planning on charging us about $15 more per night per room than their most expensive room they had. This is not only unprofessional but unethical and bad for the company. We a a travel softball team that travel at least once a month. One team has 11 families on it and we at times travel with our younger team as well with another 12 families. I can promise you one thing the three times a year we travel to Lake City a year will never be spent at this hotel or chain nor will our teams look to go to another Best Western Again! I hope this hotel and the company realize the money they may have just cost their selves. Because like I stated prior we travel at least once a month with required hotel stays and with a average of 11 to 23 rooms per stay.So if you do decide to stay here please keep an eye out on your confirmations because we were told that unless you book with the 800 number the hotel has the right to change your rates at anytime!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family