“Decided to try it....”
Review of Costa del Sol

Costa del Sol
Ranked #41 of 129 Restaurants in Lake City
Reviewed December 15, 2013

On a whim we decided to give Costa Del Sol a try today. We were seated promptly and our drink orders taken. Drinks arrived in a few minutes and all seemed good. Server came a few minutes later and we ordered. It was 4:50 PM at this point. There were 3 other tables and us. Our food arrived at 5:35PM after I asked our server about it. My wife got the Enchalada Combo and i had the California Burrito with fries. I enjoyed mine pretty much but the wife didn't care for hers. Will we go back r recommend to friends, I really doubt it....

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Costa del Sol serves authentic Mexican food. Their staff is friendly and service is quick! Portion sizes are large, but prices are small. This is a great place to visit if you're passing through Lake City and are in the mood for Mexican food!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was there for a late lunch after finishing some meetings in Lake City and was in the mood for some Mexican cuisine. Having previously been to El Potro just down the street I decided to give Casa Del Sol a try. I was also encouraged by the sign posted out front with 2 4 1 Margaritas. However, when I arrived and asked about the Margarita special it didn't start until 3 pm and I was there at 1:30 pm. I pointed out that their sign outside said 2 4 1 Margaritas but the waitress seemed to not be too worried about it (or the extra tip she would have received for a larger order amount) . So I just ordered water to have with my meal.

Very shortly after being seated, the waitress brought a basket of chips and salsa and took my drink order. I had barely had time to review the menu when the waitress returned with my drink and then stood waiting for my order. Since I kinda already had planned to have a burrito I quickly settled on the beef one with rice and refried beans served on the side. In just a few minutes the second waiter returned with my food. I noticed that it most case one of the wait staff would take an order and another one would then deliver to the table. They constantly switched up who was taking orders and delivering food and it seemed to work flawlessly. The burrito was good but not outstanding, it was lightly covered in melted cheese and served with both the rice and refried beans on the same plate. The rice had a nice flavor without becoming too spicy. The refried beans had what I can best describe as a hint of milk flavor. While not unpleasant, it was just a bit off putting as it is not the flavor I have come to associate with refried beans. However, when it came time to get the check it seemed to take forever for the waitress to bring it to me. Then she never returned to the table to collect my payment. I finally flagged down the water who had brought my main course to the table. He then took it to a third person to make the change and return it.

While the food was good, there were several service issues that caused me to drop them down a dot to only three. I will be back in Lake City and try them again to see if their service has improved so I can raise their rating.

Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

We've been here a few times and they remain consistent. Good Mexican food for a fair price. The salsa could use some heat though. ;-)

Reviewed May 20, 2013

they have really good food and the waiter was very nice and it was fast service they even ha toys for they kids. the place was clean and the food was always hot and fresh