“It's a Chain, but this Location is Great!”
Review of Bob Evans

Bob Evans
Ranked #23 of 129 Restaurants in Lake City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“It's a Chain, but this Location is Great!”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I travel up and down I-75 and this location is just consistently good and friendly. I always order the same thing (though others with me order other items) but my request is not on the menu..a custom creation. They're always happy to oblige.

• Visited February 2014

Jackson, Michigan
“Out of breakfast potatoes!”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Six of us went New Year's Day for breakfast and they were out of American Fries! They did have hash browns but was really disappointed about the others, which I really prefer. My scrambled eggs were cooked fine, but the portion seems smaller than at home. Of course when you ask for buttered toast in the south, it comes dry. So I had a poor breakfast but I think the other five were satisfied with theirs. Must not have been my day.

• Visited January 2014
Lake City, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Recent changes have ruined this location!”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I am a local, this used to be a great location. However, it has gone downhill recently in terms of consistency. In my last visit, which will be my last, the restaurant was a little over half full, this is what I experienced:

* Took 6 minutes to get acknowledged at the hostess stand for seating. Additional 5 minutes to get seated.

* Manager was running around like a chicken with his head cutoff, sweating like crazy. Several servers, obviously new, had no idea what to do. OBVIOUS TRAINING ISSUES, MANAGEMENT DOES NOT HAVE THE SKILLS TO FIX.

* 11 minutes to get drink order placed once seated (time in restaurant thus far 22 minutes), additional 14 minutes to get my drink. TOTAL RESTAURANT TIME 36 MINUTES!!!

* Food order placed with drink arrival, waited 23 ADDITIONAL MINUTES WITH NO VISIT - MANAGER WAS NOT NOTIFIED AFTER I WENT TO THE COUNTER TO GET REFILLS AND ASK FOR BREAD THAT CAME WITH MEAL - GETTING HUNGRY! TOTAL TIME IN RESTAURANT 59 MINUTES!

* Got up to leave, advise manager. Waitress came out with food and then started a yelling match in restaurant (have to admit my starving and stewing dining partner yelled back!) while I spoke with manager - still sweating and freaking out behind the counter. Waitress then cried and kept telling me it was the kitchens fault. Overly emotional - very weird and chaotic situation with the waitress.

** Overall, some people probably had just fine service, but with the management not caring and not capable of fixing this problem, I would stay away until enough people complain about it that someone does something.

** I ended up going to the Cracker Barrel less than a mile away. Great service - there was a problem with the order, waitress told me in minutes, brought me the wrong order free to 'pick at' so I wasn't hungry and boxed it for me when my correct order came. Ended up getting a free dessert and a free meal basically, no problems, all smiles.

This shows me great servers and management staff ARE readily available in Lake City so no excuse for the insanity at Bob Evans.

• Visited November 2013
Naples, Florida
“Not many of the service employees really acted like they wanted yo be there. It wasn't a very happy place today!”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I will try NOT to return to this location. Maybe it should just be total carry out then patrons don't have to with the contagion - grumpiness, bad day attitude, not a team player. All of those express a need for corporate to clean house!
The older white cook - has a big chip on his shoulder - lots of rolling eyes when the other cooks asked him to do something.
When we entered a lady was leaving from the counter because she waited long enough with no service. We should have left then.

• Visited November 2013
Chatsworth, Georgia
“Disappointed with food”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were excited to find a Bob Evans Restaurant. We previously noted that the Bob Evans Restaurant in Pigeon Forge had closed. We went to the Bob Evans restaurant in Lake City with high expectations. Staff was very friendly. We were seated by a very nice, congenial young waitress who promptly took our order and brought our drinks. Unfortunately, the food was not nearly as pleasant. My husband ordered a hamburger, well-done, NO PINK. His dish arrived at the same time that mine was brought out and the burger was rare, still bleeding. It was re-cooked. My pot roast was bland with no seasoning at all and a large portion of it was fat. We won't dine at the Bob Evans Restaurants again.

• Visited October 2013