“Not a well run restaurant!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Bob Evans

Bob Evans
Ranked #22 of 126 Restaurants in Lake City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Valdosta, Georgia
“Not a well run restaurant!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

I have met friends at this place two times and both times have been unpleasant. The first time we visited was just after lunch rush. Our waitress seated us. Everything about her was a rush. It was as if we interupted her, and needed us to give her our order right away!!! We had just sat down and opened our menues! We gave our orders. It was a while before we got our meals and was promptly told by our waitress "I'm going on break now" I'm sorry, but, every restaurant I have ever worked in it was a no no to tell customers you were going on a break, and a huge no no to even think of going on a break while a waitress had customers. Then the banging began!!!! Tile was being torn up behind the counter. We couldn't even have a conversation. A manager was told the noise was very annoying and she didn't seem to care. A few weeks later we decided to give it another try. We were there for a late breakfast. We waited forever to be seated. I asked for coffee, I got my coffee and not only was it cold, but it tasted like it had been sitting on the burner for two days!!! I told the waitress and all that was said was.."well, I just made it!" I don't think so!!! We gave our order, and again to much noise going on between the waitstaff and the kitchen, and it was all personal!!! Then, another table was seated in our waitresses station about ten minutes after we gave our orders. For some reason it was taking forever for our order, and the table that was seated after us got their food before us. Finally our food came, I had orderd a western omelete with the cherry bread. Well, my omelete came with no chesse and was almost cold, and the cherry bread was as dry as dry could be. My friends had the same problem with their food. It was cold or was not presented the way it should have been on the plate. We never saw our waitress after that except she was there to put our bill down. No refills, no is everything OK? Nothing, nada!!! But, there was plenty of socializing going on behind the counter. And the most disgusting thing of all...Our waitress decided that while we ate she was going to sweep the floor with a broom right next to our table!!!! Needless to say, we will never be back!!!

Visited February 2012
2 Thank Patty31602

Toronto, Canada
“Friendly, Cheerful and good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

Typical Bob Evans....of the roadside "fast food" restaurants still my favorite

Visited February 2012
Fort White
“Use to be better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

The last three trips to Bob Evans were disappointing. One time they were fixing a floor tile while we were eating lunch. The noise was distracting, we could not have a conversation and it made for an unpleasant meal. We mentioned it to both our waitress and management but they were not very interested in our dining experience.
The last time we met a friend for lunch, we stood waiting to be seated for 5 minutes, they were not very busy. The assistant manager came over, stood in front of us straightening menus. Finally we asked if we could be seated. She was not very friendly. Service was terrible, the food was skimpy. We had to request silverware, butter for the rolls, sugar, a straw, and during the meal the drinks were not refilled. There was a waitress standing behind the counter making "meow" sounds (very strange). The worse part was all 3 of us did not feel well later that day or the next, since that was the only meal any of us ate at a restaurant that day we were pretty sure it was the reason.
We enjoyed many breakfasts at Bob Evans since they opened as well as lunch and dinner. The food quality and service has slowly deteriorated.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank patriciasA1472WI
Florida
“Better than I thought”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

For basic fair, Bob Evans was good...and has many more healthy options compared to Cracker Barrel. We ate here for convenience because it was closest to our hotel. Our server was friendly, our food came quickly, and the food was hot. This is my second time in a Bob Evans for dinner, and my second positive experience. Sure, it isn't gourmet, but it is good standard fare that is easy to handle on a been in the car too long stomach.

Visited January 2012
Windsor, Canada
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Always fresh and good tasting food. We always look for Bob Evans when travelling between Canada and Florida. Try the pot pie!

Visited October 2011