“Watch out for surprises”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake City
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Jacksonville, Florida
“Watch out for surprises”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Got in to my room a little late, jumped in the shower and crawled into bed. Woke up in the morning and noticed blood on the sheets. Was a little surprised and even more surprised at the response by the front desk "Sorry but there is nothing we can do for you" I was checking out that day but would have checked out regardless.

Hotel is starting to show its age in little places and is going to need an overhaul before too long. For the most part.. the staff was great.

Room Tip: Before you settle in, check the room, sheets and shower curtains to make sure they are clean.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AIFL
Luc H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake City, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
I'm sorry to hear about the problems you experienced during your stay. Your valuable feedback will allow us to target problem areas and improve service for all of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Woodstock, Canada
Reviewed December 5, 2012

A great overnight stay with everything similiar to our last visit. Easy access from I-75. Very pleasent staff. Fast check-in. Little signs of wear and tear starting to show and probably need a refit in a couple of years. Still no continental breafast (free that is). Coffee in the room so none in the common areas. Price was great....booked through Priceline as an Express Deal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Luc H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake City, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
I'm glad that you stayed with us again! We always appreciate seeing our repeat guests.
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed one night and when walked in the room could visibly see large stains/dirt/oil on the carpet in multiple spots. I had already asked for extra blankets so I just laid the blankets down on the carpet and lived with it. After we unpacked went to call the frot desk to just tell them so tomorrow after we checked out they could have the carpets cleaned and I picked up the phone and it was filthly. I told the front desk to please make sure the manager was informed tomorrow so the carpet would be cleaned (I clenaed the phone with a hot towel) At check out I told front desk lady and she said she'd make a note of it. I asked if I could tell the manager personally and he came out. He knew nothing about it until I told him but since I am in thre hospitality industry I wnated to tell him personally so he could make sure it was taken care of. He thanked me. I walked out to pull my car aroung and left the three 13 year olf girls standing there witht the luggage in the lobby. The girls heard the front desk worker complaining to the manager about another customer......thery tod me as soon as they got in the car. Not good. I would not stay there again. I travel an everage of 8 nights per month on business and typically stay in Hampton, Hilton Garden etc level so I wasnt expecting anything more than they offer.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank wolfpierce
I'm sorry to hear about the issues you experienced during your stay. Your vluable feedback will allow us to target problem areas and improve our services. We hope to see you again!
Warner Robins, Georgia
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We had an unusual request at this hotel and they went beyond our expectations! My brother-in-law is wheelchair bound and needed a mobility accessible room. The Holiday Inn suites provided a very accessible room for him and a room next door for us. Our room had a living room with t.v. and a King bed with a t.v. room. Very spacious and clean. The hotel's
Christmas decorations were inspiring and unique. The breakfast was made to order and tasty. But we really thought it was included in the room price so that was a concern.
Overall I would highly recommend this hotel for those traveling with special needs.

Room Tip: at the end of the halls on the 2nd or 3rd floors
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We always try to exceed the expectations of our guests. We hope to see you agai soon!
Naples, Florida, USA
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed here on our way down to the West Coast of Florida from NY. After a previously awful stay at a Fairfield Inn the previous night, this Holiday Inn was a welcome respite and didn't cost much more than the unpleasant stay the night before. The lobby was lovely and decked out for Christmas. We enjoyed a couple of drinks at the bar and enjoyed dinner at the Ruby Tuesday that is right next door. The room was spacious and clean. We'll be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Luc H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake City, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. All of us on staff get excited every year about putting up all the Christmas decorations. We can't wait to see you again!
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stay here annually (at least), and find we're always comfortable, welcomed, and satisfied with our stay. The beds are comfy, the amenities as you'd expect, and the location, whether you're staying in the area or passing through, is handy and easily accessible. Contrary to a review posted here, there are no major problems with this stay. And the towels are up to grade. That poor soul must have skin of purest silk to have found them unusable. While we did not eat breakfast at the cafe, we saw several others do so, and the food appeared fresh and plentiful. For the first time, the small bar/lounge also was in full use.
You'll find the staff friendly and helpful, and the manager, Luc, is always a pleasure to speak with.

Room Tip: The hotel has two room suites that provide a bit more room for stays longer than overnight. They'...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Luc H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake City, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
It was great to see you again while you were here! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again next year!
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Have stayed at this HolidayInn a handful of times when traveling to North Florida. The hotel is an older facility but is well maintained. The bed was comfortable and the king room had plenty of space, including microwave and mini fridge. The A/C unit was pretty noisy and never got cool enough. The room felt humid and somewhat uncomfortable. The carpet looks older and appeared to be dirty. The hotel has a restaurant and full service (although small) bar. Overall, I would recommend this hotel for short stays when passing through North Florida.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank act1013
Luc H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake City, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
It's good to hear that you enjoyed your stays with us. We like to say that our restaurant-lounge is small on space, but big on taste! We can't wait to see you again!