Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake City
$55
Gateway Inn(Lake City)
$66
$64
All reviewsruby tuesday next doorindoor poolnice hotelfull service restaurantroom was cleancracker barrelfront desk stafflobby areapit stopstayed one nightgood nights sleepstaff was friendlywould stay here againgreat roomcontinental breakfastdisney worldlots of restaurants
Reviewed October 8, 2012

After just checking out of a luxury suite, minutes from Clearwater Beach for 15% LESS than this Holiday Inn, I knew I had to contain my expectations. But this hotel was just unacceptable. There are some things you come to expect from companies like Holiday Inn and this one really let me down. The carpets were stained, there was mold growing in the shower, the towels were rough and discoloured... There was a bright security light shining into my room and since the blackout curtains were stained, old and had holes it was like I was sleeping with the sun shining in. There was no refrigerator or microwave and in the morning when I went down to get a cup of coffee, they were charging for that. When I inquired about it, I was told that there was a coffee maker in my hotel room. It was broken... Needless to say there was no continental breakfast, something you can find in most other Lake City hotels, priced at half of this Holiday Inn dump. I will never stay here again, mostly because I know what more I can get for my money if only I spend a little time researching. You come to expect modest but comfortable rooms from companies like Holiday Inn but obviously they are not all created equal...

Room Tip: Just avoid staying here completely.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank dellamargaretta
Luc H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you experienced during your stay. Your valuable feedback will allow us to target problem areas and make necessary improvements to ensure that all of our guests are satisfied. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Room was fairly clean , we were upgraded to a suite after our original room did not have the spa tub as promised , so check your paperwork.
Staff seemed friendly enough . Is in a good location with lots of places to eat right by the hotel. So we dont recommend paying $20 each for breakfast in the hotel when we paid about $14 total for a lovely breakfast at Cracker Barrel across the road. And Cracker Barrel are open 6am - 10pm . There is a Ruby Tuesday next door too.

Room Tip: ask for an end room facing out for less noise etc
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Luc H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I hope you'll give our full service breakfast restaurant another chance. It features a complete made-to-order menu with items priced from $2 to $10. Or check out our brand new Grab'N'Go breakfast for those hurried mornings. We can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

As soon as you park at this Holiday Inn, you are blasted by maddeningly-loud music. The music is awful and so loud it can be heard all over the parking lot and inside the hotel. Once you get past the reception desk, there are artificial plants everywhere you look. The rooms in this badly-designed building surround an open 6-story space and on every floor, ugly artificial plants (what Gordon Ramsay calls "dust magnets") surround the open area -- six levels of artificial plants! There are only two tiny, extremely slow elevators, one on either side, and they double as service elevators. Three times when I was on the elevator, the door opened to the rear and a maid got on pushing a huge laundry or cleaning cart. Because the elevator is so small, the passengers are pressed up against the wall to make room for the cart.

Because of the awful music, I asked the girl at reception to put me in a room as far away from that horrible racket as possible and was given a room in a somewhat dark corridor past the elevators -- at least I didn't hear the music once the door was closed. The room had definitely seen better days. A piece of the covering for the fan had broken and was lying on the floor and in the bathroom, the tub stopper was broken and lying in the tub -- good thing I decided to take a shower instead of a bath! Then there were the towels. I was in the Navy and have done my share of "roughing it," but never before in my life have I come across a towel as stiff and scratchy as those in this hotel. I do not have particularly sensitive skin, but when I was drying off after my shower, the towel was so rough that it actually left abrasions on my skin in some places. Additionally, I do not believe the carpet had ever been shampooed because the bottoms of my newly-laundered bedroom slippers were as black as coal just from walking back and forth to the bathroom three or four times.

This hotel claims to have a restaurant, which was the primary reason I chose it. However, the “restaurant” is a space about the size of a bedroom which contains a bar, six bar stools and six miniscule tables that would barely accommodate one person. There was no way dinner could be served on these tables. So, the restaurant is actually no more than a snack bar and I was forced to leave the hotel and find a restaurant. Incidentally, the snack bar, like everything else in this sorry excuse for a hotel, was decorated with a proliferation of dust-gathering artificial plants!

The bed itself was okay, but I was too cold with the sheet alone and too hot with the heavy comforter. For Heaven's sake, this is Florida, people don't need a thick comforter. A couple blankets would be much more practical and economical.

However, I blame myself for being dumb enough to choose this Holiday Inn without first checking to see who owned it. In the lobby, there is a sign indicating the hotel is owned by Aurum, LLC and when I got home, I Googled this company and discovered the name of the owner and suddenly everything became clear. I will never, ever stay at another hotel until I have ascertained the name of the owner and I suggest everyone else do the same!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank lavenderlady77
Luc H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

I am disappointed in your racist comments profiling American Asian hotel owners. I do, however, agree with your comment, "I blame myself for being dumb..." For the record, the building design, decor, music, bedding, linens, and lounge are all approved and/or standard for Holiday Inn properties worldwide. Our hotel has been recognized on a national and local level for its outstanding service and accommodations. We are proud of our ownership and our reputation as Lake City's Best Hotel!
Regards,
Rod Butler, GM

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Quick stop right off of the highway. Lots of hotels in the general area, but this was the best for the money with the Priceline deal. Nice decor and clean.
I enjoyed the indoor hot tub and pool after the long drive.
Atrium hotels always make me feel safer, but we were concerned about potential noise, with the AC fan on high we did not hear a thing and slept soundly.

Room Tip: Walls between rooms were thin, could hear TV next door, use AC fan to block noise.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Luc H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Many travelers enjoy our indoor heated pool, spa, and sauna, year-round, no matter the weather. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Stopped here overnight while travelling. Lake city is a quiet sleepy town next to the interstate. The guy at check in was awesome and really good at giving a warm welcome. The room and hotel in general are starting to show their age and it could do with some freshening up. The rooms were clean though and the bed was comfortable. Its an excellent choice for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Luc H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. The Front Desk team members pride themselves on being friendly and welcoming to all of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!