“Forget the bad reviews..This was GREAT”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Super 8 Lake City

Super 8 Lake City
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Snellville, Georgia
“Forget the bad reviews..This was GREAT”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2009

Excellent price, Very friendly staff, Great location, easy to get in and out.Located on a hill top so no traffic noise.
Breakfast was a little limited but coffee, milk and muffins is about all I ever eat anyway.
Very nice room, Clean, Coffee maker, Iron, Hair dryer, Microwave, Refrigerator, Nice shower with lots of water pressure and LARGE towels.
I didn't expect this to be a High Dollar Resort. For $50.00 a night it was SUPERB.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Sandy Springs
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2009

I travel around every few weeks to new locations just to get out and about. I try to look for value accommodations with an eye toward allowing pets as I take my dog with me sometimes. The room was tidy and the staff friendly. I don't eat ice cream, but they even had free ice cream! There is a pool and it looks like it'd be nice when the weather warms up.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2009

Clean hotel with a great pool in large courtyard, pet walking area, large area for parking our camper with a guest laundry facility that really came in handy. The kids loved the free ice cream. The staff was great and a desk clerk that called your room to make sure we were satisfied with our room Great value!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
frunkis09
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2009

I decided to give this hotel a try and am glad that I did. I was able to get a good walk in rate and they gave me free ice cream. The lady at the desk was super helpful and efficient. She even called my room shortly after check in to make sure everything in the room was great, which it was. The room was nice, the wi-fi worked well and there was a micro-wave and small refridgerator. The outstanding service was unexpected and housekeeping really needs a pat on the back. I really enjoyed the peace and quite at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
Etown, Ky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2009

We stayed at this property in October 2008 on our way to Disney World. I did not choose the hotel but a friend did from a coupon she found. Check in was not bad but unless you want to pay an extra amount you had to stay on the second floor and there are no elevators per the employee at check in. It did not matter to us that the room was on the second as we were all tired and ready to sleep. I will NEVER stay at this property again as it was just nasty. The shower had black mold in it and on the ceiling. It also had broken pieces and was just all in all extremely nasty. When we awoke in the morning both my daughters were having reactions to the room due to allergies. I was so glad to be gone from there as we left early to get to Orlando. I would recommend finding somewhere else to stay. I so wish I would have had access to Tripadvisor on the way there as I would never have wasted my money staying at that property.

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING!!!!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Super8MGR32024, General Manager at Super 8 Lake City, responded to this review, January 31, 2009
We would like to inform the public that this hotel is under new managment. We are undergoing a complete renovation. We regret the negative experiences but invite all to give us a try. We strive to provide the best product for your money!
Kennesaw, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2008

My husband, daughter and I stayed here this past weekend on our way home from Tampa. Had just driven as far as we could and just needed a place to get some sleep. We pulled in this Super 8 and obtained a room around midnight on Saturday night the 2nd of August. The room was in very poor condition, the bed that my husband and I slept (or tired to sleep on) was broken and sank into halfway between the head of the bed and the foot of the bed. The smell was horrible, a very perfumey "cover up" which like the reviewer below gave me an immediate headache. The A/C was not running consistly, so the room remained musty and stuffy all night. The breakfast bar (ha ha) which we arrived at at 8:00 am (open until 9:30) had no jiuce or milk left. A half a pot of coffee and ONE muffin were available. The girl who checked us out did not speak a single work to us.... We could have checked into a HoJo's paid as much as we paid here and gotten a free full breakfast for the same price....I was surprised that Super 8 charged as much as they did...in the future we will defintely stay away from this exit!!!!

• Liked — NOTHING!!!!!
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING!!!!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank TotalBedlum
jen3379, Manager at Super 8 Lake City, responded to this review, October 22, 2008
I regret we did not live up to the guests expectations., We have made great improvements in our frooms and amenities (breakfast/accomodations) and feel our hotel is much better than the review indicates.
whitehouse, tn
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2008

We stayed at this super 8 on the way from Nashville to Orlando. We checked in around 11pm and stopped at this location because we found a coupon for the room in a coupon book picked up at a gas station. First off, the guy at the check in counter would not accept the coupon and charged us full rate. That stunk, but we needed to sleep and had a few children with us. Once we got to the room we found a dirty room with a dirty cup in the fridge. I saw we only had 2 towels and needed a few more so I sent our oldest down to the check in counter to get a few more. He rudly told us there were no more and sent the kids away with nothing in hand. I couldn't sleep that night because i felt like I was being bitten all night.. and probably was! The next morning we found the shower did not work and there was mold on the curtain. The 2 towels we did have in the room were dirty looking and the "free breakfast" was the worst thing I ever saw! I contacted the manager 2 times and she promised to send a voucher to stay at another hotel, but I have not seen it yet. This place was nasty and I would never ever stay here again!

• Liked — nothing at all
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)