“Good value and clean”

Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
frunkis09
“Good value and clean”
Reviewed March 20, 2009

I decided to give this hotel a try and am glad that I did. I was able to get a good walk in rate and they gave me free ice cream. The lady at the desk was super helpful and efficient. She even called my room shortly after check in to make sure everything in the room was great, which it was. The room was nice, the wi-fi worked well and there was a micro-wave and small refridgerator. The outstanding service was unexpected and housekeeping really needs a pat on the back. I really enjoyed the peace and quite at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Etown, Ky
Reviewed January 19, 2009

We stayed at this property in October 2008 on our way to Disney World. I did not choose the hotel but a friend did from a coupon she found. Check in was not bad but unless you want to pay an extra amount you had to stay on the second floor and there are no elevators per the employee at check in. It did not matter to us that the room was on the second as we were all tired and ready to sleep. I will NEVER stay at this property again as it was just nasty. The shower had black mold in it and on the ceiling. It also had broken pieces and was just all in all extremely nasty. When we awoke in the morning both my daughters were having reactions to the room due to allergies. I was so glad to be gone from there as we left early to get to Orlando. I would recommend finding somewhere else to stay. I so wish I would have had access to Tripadvisor on the way there as I would never have wasted my money staying at that property.

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING!!!!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Super8MGR32024, General Manager at Super 8 Lake City, responded to this review, January 31, 2009
We would like to inform the public that this hotel is under new managment. We are undergoing a complete renovation. We regret the negative experiences but invite all to give us a try. We strive to provide the best product for your money!
Kennesaw, Georgia
Reviewed August 5, 2008

My husband, daughter and I stayed here this past weekend on our way home from Tampa. Had just driven as far as we could and just needed a place to get some sleep. We pulled in this Super 8 and obtained a room around midnight on Saturday night the 2nd of August. The room was in very poor condition, the bed that my husband and I slept (or tired to sleep on) was broken and sank into halfway between the head of the bed and the foot of the bed. The smell was horrible, a very perfumey "cover up" which like the reviewer below gave me an immediate headache. The A/C was not running consistly, so the room remained musty and stuffy all night. The breakfast bar (ha ha) which we arrived at at 8:00 am (open until 9:30) had no jiuce or milk left. A half a pot of coffee and ONE muffin were available. The girl who checked us out did not speak a single work to us.... We could have checked into a HoJo's paid as much as we paid here and gotten a free full breakfast for the same price....I was surprised that Super 8 charged as much as they did...in the future we will defintely stay away from this exit!!!!

• Liked — NOTHING!!!!!
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING!!!!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank TotalBedlum
jen3379, Manager at Super 8 Lake City, responded to this review, October 22, 2008
I regret we did not live up to the guests expectations., We have made great improvements in our frooms and amenities (breakfast/accomodations) and feel our hotel is much better than the review indicates.
whitehouse, tn
Reviewed June 22, 2008

We stayed at this super 8 on the way from Nashville to Orlando. We checked in around 11pm and stopped at this location because we found a coupon for the room in a coupon book picked up at a gas station. First off, the guy at the check in counter would not accept the coupon and charged us full rate. That stunk, but we needed to sleep and had a few children with us. Once we got to the room we found a dirty room with a dirty cup in the fridge. I saw we only had 2 towels and needed a few more so I sent our oldest down to the check in counter to get a few more. He rudly told us there were no more and sent the kids away with nothing in hand. I couldn't sleep that night because i felt like I was being bitten all night.. and probably was! The next morning we found the shower did not work and there was mold on the curtain. The 2 towels we did have in the room were dirty looking and the "free breakfast" was the worst thing I ever saw! I contacted the manager 2 times and she promised to send a voucher to stay at another hotel, but I have not seen it yet. This place was nasty and I would never ever stay here again!

• Liked — nothing at all
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tennessee
Reviewed May 24, 2008

Beware! This place is awful. The pool was nasty with algae! We checked into a room with a bed of body hair included!! Then was given another room with someone in it!! Stay away from this place. We left and will never return!

• Stayed May 2008
    • Check in / front desk
I regret your experience was less than you expected. We have made many changes to our staff and cleaning tools. We would appreciate your giving us another chance to win your business. Thanks.
Carmel, IN
Reviewed December 3, 2007

I made a reservation at this hotel because it allowed pets and we had a small dog with us. The motel might not be too bad, not great by any standard, but I've seen worse. It did appear to be clean. My big problem was the smell of the room, it didn't exactly stink, but they had used something in the room with a strong fragance, you know, like a cheap perfume. The odor in the room gave me an immediate headache. I tried 2 different rooms and they were both the same, I couldn't stay there and had to check right back out. In fairness to the motel, they did give me a refund though they were not eager to do so.

Stayed December 2007
alabama
Reviewed October 16, 2007

I picked up a coupon at the interstate rest stop and got a rate of $39.99...not worth more than that. It served its function of a hot shower and to keep us from sleeping in the car. They offer a free Superstarter breakfast...that means a pot of coffee. They do have a buffet in the next room over with very good southern style spread. But after it was said and done, and I paid to feed a family of 4, I could have taken that money and stayed a much nicer hotel one exit to the north with an actual free breakfast for the same amount of money.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled with family