“Run, don't walk away from the Super 8 Lake City!”
Review of Super 8 Lake City

Super 8 Lake City
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Reviewed October 15, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Tod P, General Manager at Super 8 Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Reviewed October 7, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Tod P, General Manager at Super 8 Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Reviewed October 6, 2013

the bathroom floor wet, coffee machine not cleaned out, tissue box empty, light bulb out in one
lamp.
we have stopped at this motel at least 3 other times, this time is the first time we ever had any problems, mybe you should check on your cleaning staff..

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Tod P, General Manager at Super 8 Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

I am very sorry about the concerns you have listed .Please be assure that I will be getting with the proper department head to discuss your concerns. We hope you have a safe journey home .

Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

We were moving back to Florida and had our rental truck and our car on the tow dolly. It was late and we were tired. We used one of those travel coupons you get in the little booklets you find at rest stops. The rooms were clean, and in good repair. The beds were comfortable. The stafff nice and accommodating. With tax the cost came to 44.15. They offered a breakfast, but we slept through it. I feel this was a excellent experience and good value. I travel frequently and would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Tod P, General Manager at Super 8 Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Welcome back to sunny Florida. We thank you very much for staying at our Lake City location. We take great pride in providing that true southern hospitality and we welcome you back the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

My family stayed here 1 night on our way to Disney. I chose it b/c it had good reviews. We just needed a clean, cheap room to sleep in for about 6 or 7 hrs. We arrived at 2:30 am. The woman at front desk was sooooo nice & helpful. I paid $7 for an upgrade on the 1st floor w/queen beds. We had 2 sleeping toddlers we did not want to carry up stairs. I also noticed at 2:30am there was a coffee area & I made a mental note 2 stop in for coffee in the am. Our room was not queen beds, it was doubles. There was a roach on the floor & the beds were awful!!!! The beds in our room were the worst beds I have ever slept in. They felt damp, old, & they just sunk in when you laid down in. The next morning my husband & I showered but I couldnt bathe my toddlers (1 & 4 yrs) b/c there was a sharp rusty broken soap holder in the tub. I asked the front desk for my $7 upgrade to be refunded as we checked out. This was not the same woman as when we checked in. She didnt sound surprised & offered no help. She said only a mgr could refund & no mgr was on site. There was also no coffee at all in the am. Everything I saw the night before in the coffee area was gone! I believe the horrible room we stayed in was room 140. The only nice thing about this super 8 was the woman who checked us in. And i don't think it was her fault our rooms were not queens, i think her computer was wrong & gave her mis information. This was my first & last stay in a Super 8.

• Stayed: September 2013
Tod P, General Manager at Super 8 Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

I am very sorry that your experience was not very good while visiting our property. We do offer 24 hour coffee service for all our guest. During our breakfast hours the coffee station is moved into the breakfast area so that way all our guest are able to enjoy fresh coffee along with a made to order waffle. I would have to agree with you that we should have a coffee station always setup in the lobby area for those who do not want breakfast and that suggestion will be noted and action taken to make this happen. All other concerns will be directed to the proper department head. We hope your vacation to the Orlando area was a safe and enjoyable trip, and once again I am very sorry for your bad experience .

Reviewed September 26, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Tod P, General Manager at Super 8 Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Reviewed September 26, 2013