“OMG!”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Food was great, service was great tea was great! What more is there to say? Had more than I could eat.

SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny’s BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Martha_K2229, thank you for the great review! We're happy to hear that you have become a fan of our BBQ! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Sonny's is a large chain restaurant in Florida that originated in the town of Gainesville, Florida (GO GATORS) and has grown into a large successful BBQ venture and boy is it great. They specialize in chicken, pork, and beef and also have some wonderful ribs that I know that you'll just fall in love with. The salad bar is well stocked and very fresh (a meal in itself). One of the specials that my wife and I always get is the dieters plate which is a AUCE salad-bar and your choice of one of the meat entrees (meat only). I don't believe that this is on their menu anymore but if you ask for it, you will get it. The price for that is, or was, $10.00. And by all means, ORDER THE SOUTHERN STYLE SWEET ICED TEA...O YEAH...

SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny’s BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

John A, thank your for your great review! We're glad to hear that you and your wife enjoy dining with us. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you both again soon!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have had some of the best BBQ in the US in Texas, Kansas City, North and South Carolina, etc and tonight's experience was one of the worst I have ever had. I ordered the pulled pork and chicken combo with cornbread and okra. The Chicken was soooo dry it was hard to chew and swallow, the pork was fatty and greasy....no flavor from being a PIT BBQ restaurant...the okra was a frozen product not fresh. The cornbread was ok...not great. I did not eat the pork, and when the server approached he asked if I did not like it...I said no, it was not good. He offered another option but I declined. I was still charged full price though. No apology made....won't be back.

The sign out front advertises Eat where the Jags Eat....not sure why any NFL team would eat this....maybe it was just this location but it was terrible.

SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny’s BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Phxaztraveler, thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear that your pulled pork and chicken combo was not up to your expectations. Let us help! Please email us at Social@SonnysBBQ.com with further details, including the location, so that we can address the issues you've encountered. We would greatly appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

The service and ribs were excellent. I called to ask when they closed. 9:30PM The food was fresh unlike most places before they close. The service was over the top. Even though it was closing the ribs fries bread were hot and the cole slaw was fresh and cold. The unsweet tea in the south was fresh and good too. I will be back and I do recommend this place to friends and family. If you love bbq do not miss this place.

SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny’s BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Tulmyster, thank you for the great review! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed our delicious ribs and fries on your recent visit. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I am not sure if BBQ is different in Florida than what I am used to in Texas, but my husband and I both were not impressed with the BBQ. I also ordered a baked potato and they were very skimpy with the toppings only a very small amount of butter and sour cream, no cheese or bacon.

SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny’s BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for the review, Kim T. We're sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. Let us help! Please email us at Social@SonnysBBQ.com with further details about your experience so that we may address the issue. We appreciate the feedback!

Been to Sonny’s BBQ? Share your experiences!