“Wonderful, safe haven”

Quality Inn of Lake City
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Reviewed June 29, 2009

After an AWFUL experience next door at the not-so-American Inn, we were relieved to re-enter civilized society at the Jameson Inn. The room was clean, well furnished, comfortable, and very much what we needed. They accept pets and the room had a fridge & microwave. We couldn't have asked for a better place on our overnight visit. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed June 11, 2009

We reserved a one night stay on the way to the Keys based on Trip Adviors reviews. . We made reservations ahead to prevent the horrible experience last year when we stayed at a dirty, unfriendly, even slimy, Knights Inn because there were no rooms available and we were so tired after 12 hours of driving we just couldn't look further. The Jameson Inn was very nice. Very clean and VERY comfortable beds. Especially since I had a cold and didn't feel all that well ,the bed was very inviting with comfortable pillows. The staff was very friendly and the morning breakfast was adequate to send us on the road again. We definately will stay there again on our way to Florida.

Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2009

After leaving Jameson Inn, I discovered that all of my money was missing. The only time my purse was not with me was when my husband & I went downstairs to eat breakfast. My husband spoke with the manager who was very apologetic and we understand that nothing can be done. Chalk this up as a lesson learned. Do not leave any cash in room, anywhere. Other than this, the hotel was nice, room was large,staff pleasant.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2009

After reading other reviews of this property, I was dubious about staying at the Jameson. Having booked through Hotwire, I had to stick it out. I'm glad I did! While it's true the rooms are small, it was more than enough space for the three of us, and it was immaculately clean. From seamless checkin to checkout, the staff were warm, friendly and approachable. Breakfast was simple, pleasant and comfortable. I will definitely stay here again if I have the opportunity.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 4, 2008

Arrived without a reservation & had no problem getting a room, using a coupon from one of those books found at rest stops along the Interstates offering substantial discounts. The room (2 double beds) was very small, but adequate for 2 people. Altho a non-smoking room, it definitely smelled of stale smoke, but wasn't bad enough to ask for another room. The breakfast was the norm for a continental breakfast. I asked when the hotel opened & was told "7 years ago." It's pretty good for being in a heavily traveled area & getting the amount of use it probably gets.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2008

I was relocating from Jacksonville, FL to Texas with 2 cats, my car and a 26 ft truck. I knew it would be late afternoon when we finished loading the truck so I just wanted to get out of Jacksonville and down the road a little. Lake City was a perfect location being about 60 miles away. I looked on line for a hotel in the area that would take me and my 2 cats. The cats travel in a large crate so they were never lose in the room. Being a single female I also wanted someplace with interior rooms. The Jameson Inn fit everything.

When I arrived I was impressed with the parking lot and the outside of the hotel. It was all clean and neat. The clerk that checked us in was very nice and knew what she was doing. I made sure she was aware I had the kids (cats to everyone else) with me. There was no problems there.
The room was clean and well taken care of. The beds were very confortable. During the night it stormed and had it not been for the very loud thunder we would never have known it. The place was very quite and relaxing.

The next morning when we left the young lady at the front desk was also great.

I passed on the breakfast but I did have a cup of coffee and it was fresh and good.

I was so impressed with the Jameson Inn that I stayed at another one two nights later.

I am sorry to say there are no Jameson Inns in Texas, but when I travel outside the state I will look for another one to stay in.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank mmuscs
Reviewed April 21, 2007

When the elevator door opened we noticed the elevator floor was all wet. Since there were two elevators we notified the front desk, and took the other elevator. When we entered the hall on the second floor we noticed what looked like dry dog food on the floor. When we opened the door to our room a dog in the next room began to bark. The desk ckerk re-assigned us to a room at the other end of the hall. On the floor in the hall in front of that room was more dried dog food. We don't have a dog and just did not feel comfortable in this place.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Elonole