“Don't leave your money in the room while eating breakfast”

Quality Inn of Lake City
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Alabaster, Alabama
“Don't leave your money in the room while eating breakfast”
Reviewed March 18, 2009

After leaving Jameson Inn, I discovered that all of my money was missing. The only time my purse was not with me was when my husband & I went downstairs to eat breakfast. My husband spoke with the manager who was very apologetic and we understand that nothing can be done. Chalk this up as a lesson learned. Do not leave any cash in room, anywhere. Other than this, the hotel was nice, room was large,staff pleasant.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Crossville, TN
Reviewed February 15, 2009

After reading other reviews of this property, I was dubious about staying at the Jameson. Having booked through Hotwire, I had to stick it out. I'm glad I did! While it's true the rooms are small, it was more than enough space for the three of us, and it was immaculately clean. From seamless checkin to checkout, the staff were warm, friendly and approachable. Breakfast was simple, pleasant and comfortable. I will definitely stay here again if I have the opportunity.

• Liked — The friendly staff
  • Disliked — The rooms could have been bigger, but it wasn't really a problem
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Southeast Florida
Reviewed August 4, 2008

Arrived without a reservation & had no problem getting a room, using a coupon from one of those books found at rest stops along the Interstates offering substantial discounts. The room (2 double beds) was very small, but adequate for 2 people. Altho a non-smoking room, it definitely smelled of stale smoke, but wasn't bad enough to ask for another room. The breakfast was the norm for a continental breakfast. I asked when the hotel opened & was told "7 years ago." It's pretty good for being in a heavily traveled area & getting the amount of use it probably gets.

• Liked — Availability without advance reservations & being able to use price-reduction coupon!
  • Disliked — Room very small & smelled of smoke
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 20, 2008

I was relocating from Jacksonville, FL to Texas with 2 cats, my car and a 26 ft truck. I knew it would be late afternoon when we finished loading the truck so I just wanted to get out of Jacksonville and down the road a little. Lake City was a perfect location being about 60 miles away. I looked on line for a hotel in the area that would take me and my 2 cats. The cats travel in a large crate so they were never lose in the room. Being a single female I also wanted someplace with interior rooms. The Jameson Inn fit everything.

When I arrived I was impressed with the parking lot and the outside of the hotel. It was all clean and neat. The clerk that checked us in was very nice and knew what she was doing. I made sure she was aware I had the kids (cats to everyone else) with me. There was no problems there.
The room was clean and well taken care of. The beds were very confortable. During the night it stormed and had it not been for the very loud thunder we would never have known it. The place was very quite and relaxing.

The next morning when we left the young lady at the front desk was also great.

I passed on the breakfast but I did have a cup of coffee and it was fresh and good.

I was so impressed with the Jameson Inn that I stayed at another one two nights later.

I am sorry to say there are no Jameson Inns in Texas, but when I travel outside the state I will look for another one to stay in.

• Liked — The fact that the place was clean and well taken care of and accepted pets.
  • Disliked — Really nothing.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank mmuscs
North Carolina
Reviewed April 21, 2007

When the elevator door opened we noticed the elevator floor was all wet. Since there were two elevators we notified the front desk, and took the other elevator. When we entered the hall on the second floor we noticed what looked like dry dog food on the floor. When we opened the door to our room a dog in the next room began to bark. The desk ckerk re-assigned us to a room at the other end of the hall. On the floor in the hall in front of that room was more dried dog food. We don't have a dog and just did not feel comfortable in this place.

• Liked — Comfortable bed.
  • Disliked — Dogs everywhere.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Elonole
tennessee
Reviewed March 27, 2006

Just passed through Lake City and needed a room for one night. Jameson was fine, beds were really hard though. Good breakfast included in rate. Safe area with many restaurants near.

• Stayed March 2006
Florida
Reviewed December 14, 2005

Jameson Inn of Lake City is in the last nice town before the Georgia border. They seem to have high standards. Fresh baked Cookies and milk are served early evening. Excellent free breakfast with Belgian Waffles, biscuits and gravy cereal fruit etc Clean large rooms with high speed internet Lots of good places to eat near by. The outside reminds me of a southern mansion. I would stay again and again.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business