“Hotel clean, not everyone likes animals!”

Quality Inn of Lake City
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Hotel clean, not everyone likes animals!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Rooms were clean and spacious and overall a great value. Location was perfect for my needs. Comforter was as thin as the sheet. Pillows were comfortable but small (about 6 inches ). The only hot breakfast item was very cold..sausage and gravy. The hotel is pet friendly but pets should not be allowed near the breakfast area as not all guest are pet friendly. The animal friendly guest had their huge animal at the entrance of the continental breakfast area. The guest after touching the animal in its mouth and body fur repeatedly touched the items on the breakfast area. All the handles, the cup for the waffles, etc. Also, the guest service person was standing at the desk and saw me attempting to walk into the breakfast area where a dog blocked my entrance and saw the owner was reluctant to move the animal and said nothing. Instead simply looked at me like I was the problem. I think I need to go to a higher rated hotel.. this is just disgusting. Poor selection of cable television choices. Wireless Internet was quite speedy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Monica M
lakecityflji, General Manager at Quality Inn of Lake City, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing your views on your stay with us. I appreciate your feed back. I am sorry that we failed to meet your hotel needs. We have a strict policy that pets are not allowed in our breakfast area and have only certain rooms for pets. I'm sorry to hear this policy was not followed. Please come back to see us as I will work on these issues that they do not occur again. We are also doing some exciting renovations that in include new carpet and bedding to better serve you our guest!

Jenile

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for one night on the way to Florida, based solely on its reviews. They were spot on! Great value!! Super clean room, no bugs, no smells, no dust. Carpet, bathroom, and linens exceptionally clean! Would definitely stay here again!! Breakfast was awesome as well!!

• Stayed July 2013
lakecityflji, General Manager at Quality Inn of Lake City, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind remarks and positive comments!!
We appreciate our guest feedback and it's nice to hear we met your hotel needs. I will share these reviews with my staff so we can continue to improve our guest experience. Please come back and see us!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Had trouble locating a pet friendly hotel in this area. So much about this facility is quite lovely: the outside, foyer, breakfast area, staff. But this is a former Jameson Inn they are bringing up to shape. Our room was 101 at end of hall. Many issues--the moisture in room is excessive-- evidenced by strange collection of rust spots on inside of room door, rusted out tp holder. Stranger yet & evidence of moisture- the bathroom door was disintegrating from bottom up (apparently a cheap particleboard door that soaked up moisture after carpets shampooed). The bathroom was barely large enough to hold the tub & toilet. No matter how low the a/c it was stuffy in the room. I did not ask to change rooms as these things became evident with time but did alert them at check out. Also the side exit door does not allow u access back in w room card.. A problem of which they are aware. Give them more time to cure the issues they got when bought out Jameson.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Madisonfair
lakecityflji, General Manager at Quality Inn of Lake City, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate getting guest feedback as it helps us improve our guest experience. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and will also use your comments to help us make the necessary changes and upgraded needed to keep our guest happy. Please come back and see us!

Hebron
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

The outside of the hotel looks like a southern plantation, and once you get in it does not disappoint. Rooms are clean and spacious. Staff was very friendly and good at recommending places to eat. Location was good lots of restaurants in walking distance for those that have had enough driving. Overall for the money one of the best rooms I have stayed in for a while.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
lakecityflji, General Manager at Quality Inn of Lake City, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us!! I love sharing these reviews with my staff members. It is our pleasure to be of service to you and I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and visit!

Rome, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

This hotel is in a great location! They have a very friendly staff!! We will definitely be traveling again soon and will bring our lab and stay there again!! Surrounding hotels have a weight limit for your pet, but the Quality Inn is the perfect solution to that problem! We had a picnic at the nearby awesome city lake. Thanks again and see you soon! John, Freda and Bailey from Rome, GA

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
lakecityflji, General Manager at Quality Inn of Lake City, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at Quality Inn Lake City,Fl. I appreciate the kind words you wrote in your review. It was a pleasure to read. I'm glad we were able to meet your needs. Please remember us on your next trip!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

It started with a very pleasant phone conversation with the desk clerk to confirm they had a room for the night. From there on it there were no disappointments, the staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms were pleasant and clean and the hotel was well maintained. We have put this on our stay again list.

• Stayed April 2013
lakecityflji, General Manager at Quality Inn of Lake City, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to tell us how we are doing. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! It is our pleasure to ensure our guest are well taken care of and satisfied with their stay at Quality Inn. Thanks again for the kind words. please come back and see us again in the future!

Management
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Decent service at the front desk, a spacious room, and a welcoming attitude towards our dog had led us to think nothing had changed for the worse since this former Jameson Inn we’d stayed at before went through its re-branding…until we laid our eyes upon the dirty bathtub in our room. Ouch! Not good after a long car ride all the way from Milwaukee by way of Nashville. Not in a bad town or anything, but a clean tub would’ve been nice.

The location is perfectly fine, as Lake City is a friendly and welcoming area with ample amenities situated relatively close to Orlando.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience staying at Quality Inn.
I am so very sorry to hear your stay was not to your satisfaction. I assure you this is not a Quality Inn standard and we are working hard to make improvements to our hotel. We want every guest to be satisfied and we fell short of that goal, so for that I am truly sorry. I do hope you will try us again in the future and see the improvements we are making