“Cheap 41 dollar rate on Hotwire. A comfortable place for one night.”

Quality Inn of Lake City
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
new orleans, louisiana
“Cheap 41 dollar rate on Hotwire. A comfortable place for one night.”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Worth the money for what you got. A large flat screen tv, Nice linens and towels. Good for a sleepover on a trip. Had a microwave and refrigerator.. Pillows and bed broken in, but comfy. Breakfast was tired.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank qtrready
lakecityflji, General Manager at Quality Inn of Lake City, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very glad to hear you liked our new LCD flat screen TV. It is our pleasure to provide you with a comfortable place to stay. We are always looking for new ways to improve our guest experience with Jameson Inns. Breakfast may be a place we need to look into improving. We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Please come back and see us!!

Jenile

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Scottsboro, Alabama, United States
Reviewed July 27, 2012

After having a very bad experience at a motel near this one, we went to Jameson Inn. The gentleman working the front counter was very nice and accomodating, allowing us to view the room before booking it. The rooms were comfortable, clean, and up to date. Our rooms had a microwave and fridge. Continental breakfast was good. We really just needed a clean place to sleep but it was very much worth the price, especially after the bad experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jodi D
lakecityflji, General Manager at Quality Inn of Lake City, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on the Jameson Inn Lake City. We are delighted you chose to stay with us. We know you have a choice and are glad you chose us!
We have recently up-graded all rooms with micro-fridges and 37" flat screen TV's! Come back soon!!
Mount Dora, Florida
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I routinely stay at Lake City on my travels and have stayed in various a motels, so I very knowledgable with the local availability and quality. The bottomline is the quality is not worth the value. A great deal of this motel reminded me that it was built in the 1990's with no improvements. The room contained an old tube style TV and some light bulbs in the room were burned out. I walked into the room and was overwhelmed by cigarette smoke smell. It was appairently a smoking room (ash tray on the sink) which I did not realize, but that was my problem. Chair upholstery was very worn and the shower head must have been original with no adjustment. Carpets in the room and halls were severely stained. Have no interest to stay here again. Will head to Gainesville or Tallahassee if no other rooms are available next time!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank FoodForOnTheMove
, General Manager at Quality Inn of Lake City, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Hello There,

I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. It very disappointing to hear your comments and I can understand how I would feel if a hotel was not to my standards. We are working hard to make improvements in updating our hotel. We just received a shipment of micro-fridges and Flat screen TV are our next improvements coming this month. I hope you will give us another try in the near future. Thank you for your feedback and again I apologize.
Green Cove Springs, Florida
Reviewed July 5, 2012

WOW!!!! I'm here again, 2 and a half years later and I'm still impressed. The place looks great, and feels like home. I called while driving on the interstate to check availability of a room and when I told Leslie my name, she immediately remembered me and said yes, of course we have a room for you. The mere fact that she remembered me made me definitely feel like I was home after a trip. Thats the feeling that you want when you stay here.....warm, comfortable and appreciated. Thanks Leslie for that and Jenile for having great staff!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank martin w
It was a pleasure to see you come back and stay with us! I loved reading your comments and shared them with my staff. You are most welcome here anytime! I am glad you enjoyed your stay. It was nice meeting your son also. Have a great week and come back and see us soon!

Lake Park, Georgia
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I wish every hotel visit was as pleasant as my stay @ Jameson Inn in Lake city, Fla. I felt like I was in a beautiful "Country Inn." From the first minute I arrived until my check-out, Ms. Jenile and her staff made sure that everything was perfect!! My visit was just an overnight stay on 6-9-12 as a getaway from stress, and I couldn't have felt more taken care of; the room was beautifully decorated, the staff was friendly and helpful, (I love how professional Housekeeping looked-kudos on your uniforms!! :) the breakfast was delicious, and everything was so nice and clean. I arrived early and Ms. Jenile went "the extra mile" by checking to see if there was a room ready and got me in a little early. THANKS SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING!! I hope to see you all soon!! Kathy

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Kathy L
, General Manager at Quality Inn of Lake City, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Kathy,

It was such a pleasure to share your letter with my staff!! Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We strive to make sure our guest feel welcome and taken care of and its nice to hear we have done our job well. We look forward to seeing you again!!

Wasilla, Alaska
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Beware! You will hear every night-time moan, throat-clearing or pillow talk from the room next door. Since the hotel allows dogs if you pay an additional fee, you'll also be subject to barks, whines and whimpers. If the owner leaves the dog alone in the room, managements response is to knock on the door then go away if there's no answer.

There was a dead flea in my sheets the first night we stayed. Night manager graciously changed the entire bedding, but ... We had pre-paid 14 nights thru Priceline and the hotel refused to refund to us so we could go elsewhere.

The carpet was so crusty it crunched as you walked across it and it permanently stained our socks.

No towelbar by the sink. Huge chip out of the tub enamel. Rotted sheetrock that had simply been painted over, by the tub. Showerhead loose. Need I go on?

I could only sleep on one side of my bed because it was broken and would tilt off onto the floor. They "fixed" it twice, but it was broken for 12 out of 14 nights stay.

There is zero security on the wi-fi connection and the complimentary computer is in the lobby with no privacy on the screen.

Fox news blares from the TV 24/7 making the lobby totally unpleasant.

Truly an experience to give you the heebie-jeebies.

Room Tip: Ask for an end room. That will help you to not hear the elevator each time it dings thru the night.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
lakecityflji, General Manager at Quality Inn of Lake City, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am so very sorry to hear you were not satisfied with the hotels room conditions. I have reviewed them with my staff to make the necessary changes and improvements. We strive to make sure every guest has a pleasant stay and it is disappointing that we failed to do this. Please do come back and try us again.

Holly Springs
Reviewed April 20, 2012

The next day, after leaving the hotel, I found I had left my medication in the room. After contacting the hotel staff, they informed me they had found my lost item. They sent it to me directly by mail and all was recovered. They did it in an efficient kind manner for which I am very greatfull for their service. I highly recommend them for efficent manner as well as their fine facility. Eric E.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
lakecityflji, General Manager at Quality Inn of Lake City, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Thank you for your recent visit to Jameson Inns. We appreciate you choosing us. It was my pleasure to ship our items and I'm glad we could be of service to you. My team and I enjoy reading the comments. Please come back to see us!