“Hotwire messed up but staff went extra mile”

Quality Inn of Lake City
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Birmingham, AL
“Hotwire messed up but staff went extra mile”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

When we got to the hotel after a long day of travel, Hotwire had not sent in our reservation from 2 days earlier. So when we got there the lady at the front desk, had a tough time working with Hotwire to get our reservation straightened out. However, she sent my wife and kids on up to our room as they were exhausted and she didn't feel right making us wait. I came down after settling them in to help her get it straightened out. In the end we got a refund from Hotwire as they were totally incompetent in customer service, but Raven Graham at the Jameson did a great job and got us rebooked at a cheaper rate they had than Hotwire did. Outstanding service.

Now on to the room. It's a basic type hotel, most Jameson's are that type. Think a step up from Red Roof, but a bit lower than a Fairfield or Hampton Inn. The room was clean and the beds were okay comfy wise. The breakfast was great and it was convenient to the highway as we got right back up on the road. If your just passing through and need a place to crash, this one works just fine at a decent rate and you feel safe as it's an indoor room.

Room Tip: Pet rooms are on the first floor, so if you have allergies avoid those rooms.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mrbanker
lakecityflji, General Manager at Quality Inn of Lake City, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
Mr Banker

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about how we are doing. It is always a pleasure to hear my team members are making sure you are very well taken care of. Its always our goal to go above and beyond to ensure outstanding service.
Please come see us again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed December 28, 2011

The staff Raven and Leslie were great. Raven checked us in and really very nice and friendly. Leslie was apologetic with the problem we had and gave us a little credit. The hotel is ok, but we were awaken by some kids running in the corridor and banging doors early in the morning.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fujijohn
Hello John,

We appreciate you choosing Jameson Inns, we know there are many choices out there. Thank you for letting us know how we are doing. I am glad to hear Raven and Leslie took good care of you! I am sorry it was not as quiet as we would have liked it to be. We strive to keep our guest happy and in a quiet comfortable room.
I hope you will return to visit us again soon!
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed December 5, 2011

This review is for a 1 night stay on Saturday, November 12th booked through Hotwire. The Hotwire rate was $44, total with tax & fees was $54. The Jameson website rate for the same night was about $90 plus tax. The staff was very friendly and efficient, room was very clean. The room was a bit tight and furnished like one of the nicer Motel 6's which was quite alright for the rate I paid. The bed was only okay and when I first sat on it the mattress slipped into the platform. I would have been disappointed if I had paid the Jameson website rate. The breakfast was below average. No eggs or meat (bacon/sausage) or waffles (as seen on their website front page). Only cereals, juices, yogurt, biscuits and sausage gravy. Coffee was very good. I think it may have been an off day for the breakfast because I had read several reviews complimenting the breakfast. All in all I was very happy with the product for the price, but I would have been disappointed had I paid $100.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
lakecityflji, General Manager at Quality Inn of Lake City, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Dear Noleatl,

I wanted to take the time to thank you for your comments, We always appreciate feedback from out guest, Its nice to hear and helps us better serve our guest. Thank you for the kind words and tips on improving our service. We strive to offer the best in customer and value for your room. We do hope to see you again in the very near future, Thank you for staying with Jameson Inn.

Jasper, Georgia
Reviewed November 7, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Jameson Inn of Lake City in October. We booked our accommodations through Hotwire.com The room rate was so low that we booked an extra night!. The Jameson was very easy to find. It was right off Interstate. The staff was very friendly and made sure our stay was enjoyable and comfortable.

We had a great room with an easy chair for my husband, who loves to recline and watch TV. We had a mini-fridge and microwave. I especially enjoyed working at the desk. It is equipped with Internet service.

The breakfast was very healthy! Loved their coffee service.

Looking forward to our next stay--possibly in June, 2012!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are large and sunny!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Martha A
lakecityflji, General Manager at Quality Inn of Lake City, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Hello Martha!

It was a pleasure to get your letter! Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! We appreciate the feed back and comments. Please give us a call so we can make your future reservations, We look forward to seeing you in June!

Brooksville, Florida
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I was on the borderline of giving this hotel an excellent rating, but for some small items. The plaster around the window was peeling off, and while they allowed pets they did not have any outside receptacle to throw the waste away in, the sink was cracked, and pictures were sunfaded. On the plus side whole staff were very helpful and friendly, esp the little perky gal taking care of the breakfast area. The rooms and bedding were very clean as was the whole hotel. The grounds were lush and manacured and parklike. Breakfast bar could have used some eggs or a protien, but it was constantly kept wiped up and restocked. Close to a few eateries. Very, very nice stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank showcruisin
lakecityflji, General Manager at Quality Inn of Lake City, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Dear Showcrusin,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us, We enjoy getting feedback from our guest, I do share these comments with my entire staff, The comments help us with improvements and encourage us to continue providing the best we can for our guests.
Thank you for bring to our attention where improvements are needed as I will address all issues you mentioned. It is time for an upgrade on somethings and I hope in the near future we can do so
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you in the future!

Douglas, GA
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I stayed here in mid Feb of 2011 and had a nice experience. It is one of a few Multilevel Jameson inn hotels and does have an elevator which is nice as many Jameson Inn hotels do not. The room was fine, and the bed slept good. The hotel is close to numerous restaurants and right across the street almost from a Cracker Barrell as the breakfast at the hotel was not for me. If you are on a buget and looking for a hotel between $60 to $70 then this is your hotel. If you can spend a little more then the Holiday Inn which is a couple buildings up is a nicer hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank wofiii
lakecityflji, General Manager at Quality Inn of Lake City, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Dear Wofiii

We are always delighted to hear comments from our guest, I just wanted to take a moment and thank you for your kind remarks on your stay with Jameson Inn.

We look forward to your future stay with us!

Lake City
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Excellent stay. Bed was very comfortable and hotel quiet and relaxing. Check in and out was perfect. Will definitely return.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear 49Denise

It was very kind you to post a positive review for Jameson Inns, I always share these reviews with my team, We enjoy getting feedback from out guest. Please do come back and see us again soon!

Thanks again for your time and we hope to see you again in the future