“What a nice surprise”
Review of Mike's Cafe & Grille - CLOSED

Mike's Cafe & Grille
Cuisines: American, Cuban
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Casual fine dining everyone's welcome!
Reviewed July 21, 2011

It wasn't until my 3rd and final night in Lake City that I found them-after 2 nights of disappointments, I was ready to opt for a Publix sub. Tried their sriracha shrimp and ahi tuna salad. Generous portions, good quality, nicely balanced flavors. I would prefer more heat to the sriracha and wasabi sauce, but I assume they could address that on request. They quickly accommodated my take out request and were anxious to please.

There are newer reviews for Mike's Cafe & Grille

Reviewed May 11, 2011

This must have been the "BEST little hidden secret in Lake City". People in my hometown of Jacksonville need to experience an hour and fifteen minute trip to this faboulous restaurant !!! The service can be compared to the "pampering" you receive at a Bonefish Grill Restaurant and the food equally as good. The cost was extremely reasonable as well !
This was absolutely the cleanest restaurant we've ever encountered. It's obvious that the owner is very particular in selecting the staff he has. They are NOT the typical wait staff found in other restaurants. His staff is the calliber found in Country Club atmospheres. You are able to experience quality meals of gourmet cusine even down to the fines coffee. Mike's Restaurant is in our opinion a PLUS for the Lake City Community. The real shocker is when you "get your check" because you would expect to pay almost double for this type of fine dining experience in Jacksonville. We took the moms there on Mother's Day and they were totally impressed.

1  Thank PeacefulGuy
Reviewed May 2, 2011

We were meeting my in-laws at a central location on their trip north for the summer. I searched Lake City restaurants on Trip Advisor and Mike's Cafe came up number 1. Well deserved. Not on main road, but exit US 90 from I-75 and turn right at the first light heading toward town - strip mall complex is about half a mile down on the right, and actually visible from the interstate.

Excellent varied menu. We all had something different, and everyone loved their selections. It was mid-afternoon on Saturday, and they were not busy, but the waitress took great care of us, and we were encouraged to linger, which is what we wanted. No alcohol is served, but there is a vast selection of coffees, teas, and Italian ices. The atmosphere is upscale for the town, and might remind you of a local coffee house upgraded with granite tabletops and flower arrangements. Fantastic mac n' cheese that would remind you of carbonara pasta. Fresh homemade soups.

Prices may be "upscale" for Lake City, but would not have seemed out of line Jacksonville, especially for the quality & variety of the food. You can easily get away w/$10 for soup & sandwich or soup & salad. The owner mentioned that two competitors in town were writing negative reviews on websites, so take any you read with a grain of salt.

Special glass enclosed private room for 12.

2  Thank Bernerlover
Reviewed April 30, 2011

We noted the reviews on Trip Advisor and thought it was worth a visit. Mike's turned out to be right around the corner from our hotel.
The food was wonderful - our party of six explored the menu and was not disappointed.
The Chicken Picatta was terrific.
I personally like BYOB -- glad I noticed that on the reviews.
Our wait staffer Jessica was perfect - nice job!
We'll visit again.

Reviewed April 3, 2011

We went for lunch and the sandwich was fantastic. The Roast Beef had about an inch of meat on it and my wife had the mac n cheese as a side to her entree. The mac n cheese was different than normal and it was a breath of fresh air. Atmosphere A++, Service A++, Value - B... it was an expensive lunch.