“Oh Ramada!”

Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Oh Ramada!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

After two weeks travelling around Florida and Mississippi and enjoying a number of really terrific hotels boy what a terrible shock this was. Now I can't say I know very much about "Lake City", which seemed quite nice, but this "Hotel", well............ In truth, it is not an hotel, it's an old Motel, with the emphasis on "old". It has one advantage for travellers as it sits close to Interstate I10 and when I say close, I do mean close! Reach out and you can almost touch the traffic. Terrific if you are into big American trucks but not if you are into peace, quite or indeed sleeping. Had I been with my wife or family (even the dog) I would not - could not, have stayed. I do believe the staff put effort into trying to maintain standards but frankly these are not the sort of standards that should be maintained but vastly exceeded. If you want cheap then fine this may suit you but in the UK we might refer to this establishment as a "DHSS hostel", in which case you still would not be getting any sort of a deal.
Ramada, I trusted you. I had a very high regard for you. You let me down, badly! Putting your name to this establishment is an act of pure insanity for a company like you. My advice to Ramada - close it, sell it or take your name off it - and fast! My advice to prospective visitors: Sleep in a cardboard box beneath the Interstate and save your cash. The experience would otherwise be the same. (N.B. I do have the videos to prove it)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Mike N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Lynn Haven
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The bathroom looked so nasty... There was NO hot water in the tub but there was in the sink??? You could see complete daylight under the door (I placed a toilet under the door to keep the love bugs out of my room.... You pay for what you get I guess... But it takes little effort to present a clean bathroom... This place could use a make over...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Travelers are raving about these Lake City hotels