“Pictures looked better than it was,.”

Ramada Limited Lake City
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Reviewed October 9, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 9, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I have found staying at a Ramada to be a crap shoot, ranging from terrible to superb. I happened to be in town when the Gators were playing LSU and couldn't find a 3 star or above hotel to stay in. We stayed in room 117 which was shabby but reasonably clean. The room is exceptionally large. We were disappointed there was no refrigerator. The safety lock on the door had been removed so we improvised by stacking items against the door. We stayed two nights and housekeeping did clean the room, including providing fresh towels. No, the towels were not nice and fluffy. It was a non smoking room and I am pleased to report there were no unusual smells. There is an Ihop next door and a Cracker Barrell within walking distance and we did not utilize the continental breakfast.

My two star rating is because the place could use some updating andt attention to detail (surely someone could check to make sure there is a safety lock in place and clean the sofa) The price was reasonable, and the place was fairly clean but a renovation would definitely raise my rating.
If you are not going to be in the room much and just want a place to crash without spending a lot of money then this place is for you.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 30, 2012

nice staff...good for ''cheap'' overnight stay...Have stayed here 2 times, rooms have been clean, no bad smells, no problems or anything. Could use some updating, but otherwise fine.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed here several years ago, has not changed much. I look for clean bedding (which i got) and great value (which i got). I WILL stay here again because my daughter, her husband and my grandchildren live in this city. I've stayed at a couple of others, but they are not worth the money they charge. This hotel was clean, and a great value. The gentleman at the front desk during the day is always pleasant, helpful and kind. Thank you for allowing me to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We made reservations for us and another couple to move my sister-in-law closer to us which is about 200 miles South. Not knowing the area we went for the Ramada name because we have stayed at Ramada Inn in the past in other states. Boy, were we in for a shock. We were the first to arrive and I had booked 2 rooms online prior to leaving home. The first two rooms we were given was down this dreary dark hallway in a rear building that smelled of stale cigarettes and mold. Inside was no better. We found long black hairs in the bathroom towels, I am bald and my wife is blonde. Ewwwww. We went back to the front desk and had the rooms changed to outside rooms and not in that hallway. The next room we were given was somewhat more tolerable. The only real problem was that one of the wall light fixtures light socket was not seated properly and you could see one of the screws that the wires get hooked to. The turn switch for that light also was in disrepair as it was loose and woobly and did not turn off the power to the light. I secured the light socket properly for fear of fire hazard. The sink has the front trim underneath it broken off exposing the underside of the sink and the water and drain pipes. One chair in the room had some unknown white spots on the seat and back cushions. Enough said. What a disgrace to the Wyndham Empire. This is one of those places where you need to beware, enter at your own risk!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I will stay here every time I come through Lake City. The breakfast was very good and the beds were super comfortable. The whole hotel was clean and the staff was very helpful. Hint: Eat supper at the Red Barn. The food was good and they have takeout.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family