“really bad experience”

Ramada Limited Lake City
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Lake City
Reviewed February 21, 2012

There has to be a better choice for an economy hotel that this. The hotel really needs to be deep cleaned. There seemed to be a mildewy smell in the corridors and in the room. The carpet was very old and visably dirty as was the sheets. The bathroom was probably the worst and looked like it has never been cleaned-ever! I called the front desk to see if there was a better room and I was told that all the rooms are of the same age and condition. I was also dissapinted in the breakfast selections. They were so cheap they tried to put out as little as possible. I probably wouldn't have felt comfortable eating the food anyway unless if was prewarapped before it got to the hotel.

Room Tip: try another hotel, plenty to choose from.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Walker L

Reviewed January 27, 2012

After a long day on a motorbike we called here here early evening and got a double room for $49.

Terrific value for this basic hotel with the usual mod cons (except for WIFI).
Rooms were spacious and clean, Reception guys were friendly and helpful.

The hotel is close to lots of restaurants. Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I make 2-3 trip to florida every year, This is my place because rooms are nice , large and clean. If i want to stay over night- what else do you want?Staff is friendly,restaurants are also walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank dk2120
Reviewed November 17, 2011

This hotel has seen better days. It is very dirty and needs to be totally remodeled. Every thing is worn including the carpet, bedding and bathrooms. My first room was very dirty and the second one was better but not good. The staff was pretty friendly and moved me to a better room when I complained. The neighborhood is questionable as there were vagrants wondering around asking for spare change.The breakfast was sparce so I ate at IHOP next door. I won't stay here again. Next trip, I'll stay somewhere else and will look on Trip Advisor before I stay.

Room Tip: Look at reviews first
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We stayed here for a night in mid September, 2011 on our way to Orlando. We had driven the entire day from Michigan and stopped around 10:30 PM. We chose this hotel because we found a coupon in one of those travel pamphlets you get from a rest area. The rate was sub-$50 so we didn't expect much. We got pretty much what you would expect. The room was clean, but certainly quite old and worn. It was actually pretty roomy, although we really did little more than sleep. Odd note about the numbering. We were in room 125, which was on the second floor. Strange. The television functioned fine, although it was a smaller tube-style. The bathroom sink was located outside the bathroom, which I see as a plus. Lastly, the air conditioning unit worked fine, though the knobs were very worn and it was difficult to adjust.

The breakfast in the morning was good, though don't expect some of the mammoth selections you get at a more pricey hotel.

Would we stay again? Probably, but never more than one night. I wouldn't look at this place as somewhere to spend a vacation.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2011

In reading the reviews about this hotel, I was hesitant to make reservations but went ahead and did so. I'm glad that I did because the room was much more than we expected. The king room had a sitting area with a sofa. We thought the room was very comfortable and would stay again.

Room Tip: Don't know about the others but 116 was excellent even being on the side near the interstate. T...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We stayed here for a one night stay on our trip north. We booked through the Ramada on line site, thinking Ramada was a good name. Big Mistake. Checked in about 10PM after spending the day at Disney, hoping for a cool, comfortable place to sleep & shower before heading north on vacation the next AM. We stayed in room 101, wheelchair friendly room, which we did not request. The room was hot and stuffy, turned AC on full blast and it would not cool room. Gave it a while, then called front desk. They brought us a floor/stand fan that click-clacked something terrible, but at least air was moving. Room finally started to cool about 4AM. The mattress on our bed sagged in the middle. Very uncomfortable, but at least there were no bedbugs! The carpet was so nasty we made sure to keep our flip flops by the bed so our feet wouldn't touch the floor. And a shower? No way. The bathroom was disgusting. Around the toilet was gunky and nasty. Didn't want to touch anything, let alone get in the shower! Breakfast wasn't great, but was ok. The OJ did look brown, but tasted ok. Went to the bathroom in the lobby, but it was more disgusting than the one in our room, so went back to the room before checking out, for all to make one last pit stop. When checking out, the gentleman did not ask how our stay was - I think he was afraid to, because they know what this establishment is like!

Room Tip: If you do make the mistake of choosing this motel DO NOT stay in Room #101
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family