“Delicious Seafood...YUM”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 5, 2013

One of the finest seafood restaurants in Lake City. You will receive wonderful service...great seafood...and a comfortable atmosphere to dine in...and I almost forget...large portions at modest prices (not cheap by any means but cheaper than the chain seafood restaurant that advertises on every TV channel...you know, the one that seas food differently...WOW I SAID IT.

1  Thank John A

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Been coming here for years. The place is a dive, but the food has always been delicious. We arrived late on Sunday, around 8:00pm. Service was slow and the place was dirty, which I can forgive, (I guess) but the quality of the food was unacceptable. Baked potato was very old and cold. Hush puppies were served cold and soaked in grease. My "flounder" was busted in pieces, and looked like "tilapia". I ordered it blackened, which meant someone sprinkled a little seasoning on one side of some poorly cooked fish. We will give this place one more try, but if the quality of the food is not drastically improved, we won't be back.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I couldn't believe it when we drove up, that the Cedar River Seafood was the best place to eat in Lake City. The place was shabby, but I'll have to say that the food was ample and delicious with friendly waitstaff.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We ordered a variety of foods & appetizers. The chowder was excellent, perfect amount of creaminess and a fair portion of potatoes, clams, etc. Our Shrimp cocktails were very tasty & plentiful. As another reviewer mentioned the hush puppies were a bit greasy, but still good. Seafood stuffed mushrooms were good. Frog legs were very good, tasty, lightly breaded - not too big, not too small

2  Thank bellwas
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We were traveling along I-75 and decided we wanted a seafood dinner. The reviews were good so we tried Cedar River Seafood. We were not disappointed. We were seated quickly and efficiently. As we ordered grilled seafood dinners, our server pointed to a bottle of Peruvian Gold Grilling Sauce on the table. She recommended it on their grilled fish and she was right. We even bought a bottle of the sauce to take home. The ambiance is plain and simple. We found that the food portions were plentiful, the service was good, the dinner was good and the price was reasonable. We will return on our next trip through town.

2  Thank MSPTraveler2

Been to Cedar River Seafood? Share your experiences!