“I always go here, it's the reason we stay in Lake City”

Cedar River Seafood
Ranked #18 of 129 Restaurants in Lake City
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Bellvue, South Carolina, United States
“I always go here, it's the reason we stay in Lake City”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The shrimp spread is to die for !! Each time I go I get a different entree though, I do suggest the green beans as a side to any meal.

Visited January 2013

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Good food-terrific hush puppies.”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

First I could make a meal of just the hush puppies. The decor is rather plain, but the food is good and the prices are fair. My husband had the bisque which was excellent. We both had a combo-I had shrimp & scallops, he had shrimp and grouper. Both were blackened and very good. Be sure to try the Peruvian Grilling Sauce which is on the table. My sides of cheese grits and green beans were very good. Service was friendly and helpful. We will gladly return when in the area.

Visited January 2013
Winter Haven, Florida
“Hungry for seafood!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We have been in MI for months...no good seafood...just fresh water fish!! This was good! If you are looking for a fancy/dancy place..this is not it!! but it is typical of seafood places at the beach... Good oysters and scallops cooked just right... sides not outstanding but we were wanting the seafood anyway... We will be back...

• Visited December 2012
Dublin, Ohio
“Good but not great”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My father, cousin & uncle ate here on a recent trip to visit my grandmother in Lake City. Portions are huge, quality average. We started with the calamari which wasn't as crispy as I like it. The jalepeno appetizer were great they had queso in them. The hushpuppies were awesome. I had the stuffed flounder & it was just ok. The sweet potato soufflé was very nutmeggy and not my favorite. The cheesey grits were outstanding, delicious and creamy. The service was attentive. A decent choice but not outstanding.

• Visited October 2012
New Holland, Pennsylvania
“Food Good, Decor Dated and Tired”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

If we were to rate this restaurant on seafood alone, it would easily make the very good grade but since a dining experience is also the decor and side dishes, we can't even say that it's average. The seafood is fresh and well prepared but the side dishes are only average and the presentation is almost unappetizing. A piece of wilted lettuce does not presentation make. The seats of our booth were cracked and split and the remainder of the furniture just old and tired. Plastic "trophy" fish "decorated" the walls -- haha -- but at least they were clean. Our waitress was very friendly but desperately needed some education in how to service a table.

• Visited October 2012

Been to Cedar River Seafood? Share your experiences!