“Excellent and Very Affordable”

Cedar River Seafood
Ranked #5 of 134 Restaurants in Lake City
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I met with friends for lunch at Cedar Rivers yesterday. I ordered fried flounder with grits and okra & tomatoes. The flounder was lightly breaded and fried a golden brown. Not the least be greasy. The grits came in a hot ramekin and were beautifully seasoned. They stayed hot throughout the entire meal and were good to the last bite. The okra & tomatoes were slightly spicy and also in a hot dish and stayed hot. There were also 2 hush puppies served with my lunch. Each table has just about any kinda sauce or seasoning you might desire so you don't have to wait on someone to bring them out to you. The price of my meal was $7.75 and I ended up taking home some of the fish and the hush puppies. (I am a big eater so believe me there was a pile of fish on my plate) I would highly recommend this restaurant. A little secret you might like to know...they will let you order off the lunch menu anytime and any day.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

I had fried shrimp and scallops with excellent sides of collard greens and corn on the cob. All the food was very high quality and well prepared. I would definitely visit this restaurant again if I was in the area.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

We were looking for a local restaurant for a nice fried shrimp lunch and heard Cedar River had a good reputation. We stopped by on a Saturday at mealtime and were promptly greeted and seated. We ordered fried shrimp and scallops, although grilled and broiled were available options, with the cole slaw and green bean sides. The hush puppies were just as I like them, with just a touch of sweetness. The shrimp and scallops were tender and moist. It's a delight to eat shrimp that have not been overlooked.

For a down home southern style seafood restaurant with reasonable prices, Cedar River fits the bill. Don't look for exotic swordfish and fancy sauces here. We will definitely visit again.

In case TA doesn't fix the address, it's located at 2938 W US highway 90 in Lake City, within walking distance of the movie theater.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

We asked a local where to eat and he recommended Cedar River!! How right he was. Not fancy, but excellent food, and prices were reasonable.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

FANTASTIC food, but the ADDRESS 4640 E 90 is wrong! This address took us a few miles out of town to an auto repair, so we called the restaurant and learned it was right back near I-75 and our hotel, across from Moe's, on US 90. So glad we made the effort to find it. Of the three seafood restaurants we've tried here, this was the BEST! And we have some particular eaters in our group. The five of us each had a different dish, from fried to grilled shrimp, to clams to oysters, and everyone raved about his dinner. The sides were all delicious and cooked just right, as was the seafood. And the portions were so large, we didn't have room for dessert, unfortunately, because that looked good, too! The decor is generic family restaurant, but who cares! The food was delicious. Very reasonably priced as well. We will probably eat there again in our remaining two nights here in Lake City.

Been to Cedar River Seafood? Share your experiences!