“Too many good restaurants to return to this one.”
Review of Ken's Bar-B-Que

Ken's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #37 of 129 Restaurants in Lake City
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We have been travelling past this restaurant daily for nearly two months and have marveled at the amount of cars in the parking lot. We finally gave it a shot for lunch. We were certainly not impressed and will not return. The service was great, the waitress was quite polite, and our meal was served promptly, but the chicken and ribs both were very overcooked and dry. I'm sure we could have splashed some sauce onto them and made them more appealing, but for the prices, we should not have had to. I'm surmising, these customers must really appreciate large portions served promptly, because that is the only draw we could see. There are far too many nice restaurants in town to choose from, so this one goes on our ignore list.

There are newer reviews for Ken's Bar-B-Que

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Saw a few of these while driving around Lake City. It's lunchtime thought we'd try it. Had pork sandwich on garlic toast and onion rings unsweetened tea. Fantastic good service too!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I eat here once a week for lunch, not a fan of the steaks or burgers, a little commercial and thin for me, and often over cooked for the size. But their BBQ is good, esp. if you like a less sweet sauce (although they do have a sweet version and on Friday's they do a sweeter one). But the tea is real Southern sweet and sides are good - and always attentive service and if something doesn't work, they will make it right. Something on the menu for everything, if you want non-chain BBQ, you really can't go wrong here. Portions are good sized also.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We were in a rush when we stopped by on a Thursday evening abut 5 pm - they were hopping. Parking lot in front and back were full. we were seated quickly and found the menu to be very affordable! Nice selection (I highly recommend the NY Strip Sandwich!!) Staff was very friendly and bathrooms were clean. From the time we were seated to served was 15 min. and we were back on the road shortly after that. Local love this place...if I was close I would definitely eat there more often. Others at our table were very please with their selections as well. Only sad thing for me is that they had run out of banana pudding....but that gives me a reason to return!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I drove up and saw almost every truck in Lake City parked there for lunch, so thought it must be the place to go! And, I was right. Tammy, my waitress took excellent care of me. I had the sliced brisket and it was excellent. Had a burger the next day...that I would not recommend. But will eat here again when in town and will try the ribs.