“Good local chain, several locations” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ken's Bar-B-Que

Ken's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #40 of 125 Restaurants in Lake City
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Lake City, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good local chain, several locations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

I eat here once a week for lunch, not a fan of the steaks or burgers, a little commercial and thin for me, and often over cooked for the size. But their BBQ is good, esp. if you like a less sweet sauce (although they do have a sweet version and on Friday's they do a sweeter one). But the tea is real Southern sweet and sides are good - and always attentive service and if something doesn't work, they will make it right. Something on the menu for everything, if you want non-chain BBQ, you really can't go wrong here. Portions are good sized also.

• Visited November 2013

Tampa, Florida
“Fast, Outstanding, Tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

We were in a rush when we stopped by on a Thursday evening abut 5 pm - they were hopping. Parking lot in front and back were full. we were seated quickly and found the menu to be very affordable! Nice selection (I highly recommend the NY Strip Sandwich!!) Staff was very friendly and bathrooms were clean. From the time we were seated to served was 15 min. and we were back on the road shortly after that. Local love this place...if I was close I would definitely eat there more often. Others at our table were very please with their selections as well. Only sad thing for me is that they had run out of banana pudding....but that gives me a reason to return!

• Visited October 2013
Orlando
“Good barbeque”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I drove up and saw almost every truck in Lake City parked there for lunch, so thought it must be the place to go! And, I was right. Tammy, my waitress took excellent care of me. I had the sliced brisket and it was excellent. Had a burger the next day...that I would not recommend. But will eat here again when in town and will try the ribs.

• Visited September 2013
Rochester, Minnesota
“Meh....Forgetable, but not all bad.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I found this place and am always up for a BBQ joint on the road! Ordered the Ken's Ribs and also got the green beans and potato salad....Patato salad and green beans were about as good as they can be! They actually saved the meal for me in all honesty! The ribs were luke warm, chewy and kinda blah....I was so hoping they would be juicy and fall off the bone, but that was FAR from the case. They were not very good and I would say that this one time would be my last ordering those...I would return and try other things, but the Montgomery Inn it was not.

• Visited September 2013
Lake City, Florida
“Awful!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Had ribs. They were CHEWIE black that I had to spit out. $13.99! Was told the smoked turkey my daughter ordered was DELI roll turkey! $10.99! Chicken was dry OLD! $10.99!

• Visited August 2013