“Good barbeque”

Ranked #35 of 129 Restaurants in Lake City
Orlando
“Good barbeque”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I drove up and saw almost every truck in Lake City parked there for lunch, so thought it must be the place to go! And, I was right. Tammy, my waitress took excellent care of me. I had the sliced brisket and it was excellent. Had a burger the next day...that I would not recommend. But will eat here again when in town and will try the ribs.

• Visited September 2013

Rochester, Minnesota
“Meh....Forgetable, but not all bad.”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I found this place and am always up for a BBQ joint on the road! Ordered the Ken's Ribs and also got the green beans and potato salad....Patato salad and green beans were about as good as they can be! They actually saved the meal for me in all honesty! The ribs were luke warm, chewy and kinda blah....I was so hoping they would be juicy and fall off the bone, but that was FAR from the case. They were not very good and I would say that this one time would be my last ordering those...I would return and try other things, but the Montgomery Inn it was not.

• Visited September 2013
Lake City, Florida
“Awful!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Had ribs. They were CHEWIE black that I had to spit out. $13.99! Was told the smoked turkey my daughter ordered was DELI roll turkey! $10.99! Chicken was dry OLD! $10.99!

• Visited August 2013
North Port, Florida, United States
“Ribs are tough...”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We thought we'd go in for some good southern barbque and saw ribs on the menu.... the baby back ribs were so tough and hard to eat they lost any of their appeal. The country ribs were better; fell off the bone and had a great smokey flavor, but they were quite dry. It was OK...but for the money and the quality, we'll stick to Fat Belly's food....far superior.

Visited July 2013
Port Charlotte, Florida
“Tasty BBQ”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Ken's is a small chain located around the Lake City, FL area. We were in the area for only one night and intended to go to Sonny's, but we saw Ken's and stopped. The building was very attractive and the BBQ was better than average. The only complaint we had was the wooden booth seats which proved to be a little hard after a while.

• Visited May 2013