“HIGH TEA * HIGH PRAISE!”

Lavender N Lace Tea Room
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I Love to go for High Tea, Something I recently started a few years ago. I like to go somewhere I can wear a hat & gloves, enjoy decadent desserts over and over, eat fresh tasting food, & wander around shopping or taking photos. THIS was the Place! Most reasonably priced HighTea I ever been to. Refills for drinks & aqll u care to taste of food. The owner went around from table to table to meet his guests & was very nice. The place itself is gorgeous & decorated with some of the loveliest antiques. The surrounding room all have a different theme but one is lovelier then the next.
There were a lot of men who were very comfortable which was nice to see. Great for couples, families, holidays, showers, mother/daughter celebrations etc.
The outdoor seating was so charming.
Negative points were very few. It was a bit crowded & difficult to maneuver where we sat & our server was a bit new, but it was nice to meet a lot of friendly people who were there for tea & some of the seasoned servers. My favorite was an infant named Eleanor who I will see in January as I intend to attend monthly!
FABULOUS!
My name is Lisa H-F & I totally approve of this restaurant *smiles*

There are newer reviews for Lavender N Lace Tea Room

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Lavender N Lake does not serve afternoon tea every day (which is what we normally would order), but that aside their menu is reminiscent of a British Tea Room. We had the Cottage Pine and the Chicken Puff Pastry, both were very good. The desert selection was in keeping with a British Tea Room and was quite good.

Tables are set with china Cups and teapots and small plates. Service was impeccable. There was also a beautiful little gift shop.

Both the tea room and the gift shop were nicely decorated for Christmas.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have visited Lavendar N Lace on several occassions. It is a favorite for Mother's Day with my mom. The staff are very friendly. The food is wonderful. I especially love their quiche! There are small shops there where you can shop before or after eating. It's a wonderful treat, especially for the ladies in the family.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is what a tea room should be. A lovely old house set in a beautiful environment. I took my daughter and granddaughter to celebrate my granddaughter's 19th birthday. I wasn't sure how she would like it. She loved it! Food,atmosphere and service were all top notch. I had the Chicken Crunch after reding about it on Trip Advisor. It was excellent. They both had the chicken salad, which I had highly recommended. You have to have dessert there. We had a great (very light and different) coconut cream pie and a chocolate thingy. I can't wait to go again.

1  Thank travelbell
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is a treat place to visit. The food is good but on the high side. You pay for the ambiance! The salmon is not too good and the waitress acutually took it back which was great on her part. They are all very friendly. Nice for a once in awhile visit. Highly suggested that you make reservations. Quiche is always suggested.