“Pretty good”

TownePlace Suites The Villages
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lady Lake
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I had booked 4 rooms for a small group. Check in , rooms etc .was good. No problems. Breakfast was average, but watch out for the seniors..they'll run you over..it's like they don't have much time left. And, the hotel also has a robot with the same comments on all the reviews.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Miranda L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay with us at TownePlace Suites in The Villages, FL. We love reading all of our guest feedback. Hopefully you will stay with us again during your next visit to our area!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

They screwed up my reservation (made over a month in advance), and didn't give me the correct type of room, which was quite inconvenient. They offered no reason why my reservation wasn't being honored. Then they promised to give me the requested 2-queen room as soon as one was possible, which never happened, though one did become available the next day. Then, on top of everything else, they hit my credit card TWICE. I left a voicemail message yesterday for the manager (who doesn't seem to be available whenever there is a need for her) and haven't heard back yet. I'm thoroughly disgusted with this hotel, and though I do come back to this area quite often, I will stay at the Comfort Inn - much better service!

Room Tip: Stay at the Comfort Inn around the corner
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Horseygal57
Miranda L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your most recent stay. Your comments are appreciated and I will pass them along to the appropriate departments so that we can make improvements. We hope that you will decide to stay with us again during your next visit to The Villages so we can have the opportunity to exceed your expectations!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Basic extended stay type hotel right in the heart of The Villages. It is a little dated and will need a remodel soon. I like to eat breakfast early and I was disappointed to find out that the free breakfast does not start until 7: days on Saturday and Sunday (the only days that I was there).

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank triwinner
Miranda L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback and value your suggestions. We hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

The rooms were spacious and very clean. We opted for one with refrigerator and stove. The hotel is near Spanish Springs and is within walking distance to just about anything that you can imagine. This is one of the few pet friendly hotels in The Villages. When we stay with our pet we gladly pay the extra expense. I can't understand why someone would have a problem paying the fee that is clearly stated. We have always had a good experience with this hotel and have stayed here exclusively for over four years for our visits to The Villages several times a year. We have never been disappointed. While relaxing in the hot tub outside one morning we saw bald eagles soaring overhead. We love this hotel and love The Villages.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

We appreciate you taking the time to write. Glad to hear you were able to enjoy our pool and spa. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We needed a place to stay while work was being done on our house. Originally we expected it would be a 2 day stay, so selected the Marriott rather than the Holiday In Express (both take pets). While I chocked on the $100 cost for our pet, I'm a Marriott member and wanted to be able to recommend the Marriott in the future to friends coming to Florida.
The room was adequate, bed very comfortable.. BUT we had found out that our house would be ready within 1 day, so spending $100 a night for our dog was way over the top. I asked Marriott if they would reconsider their charge as she is non-shedding and would be in a crate (barely room for the crate in the room). No consideration at all.
So my rating of Poor is because of their lack of customer service and consideration.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rockyisle
Miranda L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your most recent stay. We hope that you will decide to stay with us again during your next visit to The Villages so we can have the opportunity to exceed your expectations!

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Your close to everything the Villages has to offer! It has a great pool & spa area plus your in the Spanish Springs square where you can party the night away w/ dancing ,adult beverages & fantastic dinning!

• Stayed: March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay with us at TownePlace Suites in The Villages, FL. We’re very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you were pleased with our amenities and location. We hope that you will decide to stay with us again during your next visit to The Villages!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Our daughter attends college about half an hour from Marriott Towne Place Suites at the Villages Lady Lake, so I stay here whenever visiting her. They are good at keeping my room for me although I generally don't arrive until quite late in the evening. I always feel safe when walking through the parking lot alone at night. There is a nice refrigerator of snacks and frozen meals for purchase that can be cooked in the microwave in the room. The rooms are clean and I've never felt I needed to change rooms. Although there are others on the floor, one doesn't hear them while in the room. The TV has a nice selection of movies. There are plenty of towels. Overall, I'm quite comfortable there. The price is quite good for what you get.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Miranda L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lady Lake
#2 of 2 in The Villages
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lady Lake/The Villages
9 mi away
Sleep Inn & Suites Wildwood - The Villages

Been to TownePlace Suites The Villages? Share your experiences!