“Great stay lots to do”

TownePlace Suites The Villages
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lady Lake
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Had a great stay in july 2012,the hotel the staff and room were all wonderful.The room also had a very helpful kitchenette.We were in this tiny sweet square with everthing you needed.Food ,bars ,shopping.We will be back

Room Tip: on the 4th floor had no noise issue
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Miranda L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

We’re so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, our amenities, and found our location perfect for your visit. We hope that you will decide to stay with us again during your next visit to The Villages! Thank you for taking the time to write a review of TownePlace Suites The Villages.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

This location is within walking distance of pretty much everything there! Great for longer stays because there is a kitchenette and nearby grocery stores. Blend in with the locals and rent a golf cart to get around!

A continental breakfast was included in our stay which is always a bonus.

Friendly staff and clean hotel. We were visiting for a wedding and the area was much better than expected! Very comfortable beds.

Room Tip: I stayed in a double queen room. Very spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Miranda L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our location ideal for your visit. We hope that you will decide to stay with us again during your next visit to The Villages! Thank you for taking the time to write a review of TownePlace Suites The Villages.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

I had to come to the area for only an overnight visit. I actually found this hotel and purchased it thru priceline. First of all, let me say the staff is really friendly. The property is located in the area of an upper scale shopping area and residential community. Lots of golf carts. I wish I'd had more time for shopping and dining and that kind of thing. Even the movie theater was within walking distance. The property was clean and attractive. The pool area was pretty. I was able to use the workout area - the equipment was in good working order and I was happy with that. Now. This is July. When it came time to turn in, the a/c was unresponsive to my desire to lower the temp It stayed on 74 but felt much more stuffy than that. I usually carry a fan with me on hotel stays, but had not this time :( Called the front desk at 12:30 pm to ask if they had a fan to no avail. They said the a/c prob had to reset itself and indeed in about 30 or 40 minutes it came on and would pop on and off - but with no circulation, in the off times, it was very stuffy. (I should say the front desk offered to move us to another room, but who wants to do that at 1 in the morning. It'd be easier and less expensive to just supply the guest with a little table fan). Next, the bed. Sadly it was waaay too soft and I felt as if i'd fallen into a bad hole with no back support. So, not a good nights sleep at all. The continental breakfast was tasty and fulfilled my nutritional needs for another day of driving. There was always coffee in the lobby which was really good. Also there were a few areas where the property seemed a bit run down. But i didn't have a problem with the cleanliness - that was fine. No dust, the bathroom was clean. Also, the full kitchen was really nice. Also clean. But because of the a/c and the mattress discomfort issues, I'll have to rate this property with an average.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lizardmama62
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

We’re very happy to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, our amenities, and found our location excellent for your visit. We hope that you will decide to stay with us again during your next visit to The Villages! Thank you for taking the time to write a review of TownePlace Suites The Villages.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

I stayed at Towne Place Suites in The Villages for one night in early June before my rental home in The Villages was available. Location was great -- right at Spanish Springs town square. Several restaurants are in walking distance of the hotel. Friendly staff, clean room and the internet worked well. I would stay here again if I could get a room under $100 per night as there are 2 other hotels within 5 mins. of this property that normally advertise rooms at under $90 per night.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank stdonatus
Miranda L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2012

We’re pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our location perfect for your visit. We hope that you will decide to stay with us again during your next visit to The Villages! Thank you for taking the time to write a review of TownePlace Suites The Villages.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

The people are very nice but the hotel was a bit run down. My room was not what I expect from a cleanliness perspective. I decided to keep my bag on the table and not touch any of the furniture. Now I know you cant control bugs but given my concern for cleanliness, I didnt love seeing bugs in the bathroom at night when I turned the lights on. I wasnt here to visit th Villages so I didnt appreciate the location which may explain the other reviews but this will be the last time I stay here.

On a side note, I have stayed 100 nights already in Marriots and I was surprised to get one of the worst rooms (accross from the elevator and next to the Laundrey room) the hotel shows i can rent many more rooms (including the larger one bedrooms so I would normally recieve an upgrade or atleast an average room--instead I think I got the "Priceline Room" which is typically lower quality and no i didnt use Priceline but i did use my points.

I have another night here and may try to see if i can checkout..

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank CalliW
Miranda L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your most recent stay. Your comments are appreciated and I will pass them along to the appropriate departments so that we can make improvements. We hope that you will decide to stay with us again during your next visit to The Villages so we can have the opportunity to exceed your expectations!

Reviewed May 13, 2012

This is a pretty standard 2-2.5* place but what makes it special is its superb location and bright, airy feeling.

It is just around the corner from atmospheric Spanish Springs. You can walk to many restaurants, the movie theater, plenty of shops and the nice little town square.

About the price - it fluctuates wildly, sometimes costing well over $100/night. That's a bit much for what it is but in season there are not a lot of choices in The Villages. Off-season, the place is unbelievably inexpensive at those cut-rate online "secret stay" sites.

Breakfast is included and I'm not one to complain about anything free like that. It's cereal, yogurt, toast, juice.

The room, as the name implies, is a suite. It's a mini-suite to be sure, but it is well-equipped with a little kitchen, decent fridge, and all the necessities.

They lock the place around 10pm or so and you need your room key to get or phone the front desk.

Overall, I think this is a great place to stay as there is so little to choose from in The Villages. Just watch the price.

Room Tip: They are all pretty good.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Miranda L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

We’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, our amenities, and found our location perfect for your visit. We hope that you will decide to stay with us again during your next visit to The Villages! Thank you for taking the time to write a review of TownePlace Suites The Villages.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

I was able to get a 1 bedroom suite which was great for the 2 of us. The suite was great and very clean. But i must say it is nice to be able to check in to a place and have the employees seem like they were happy to be working there. the check in staff were great. we come to the area about 4 times a year so we have now found the place we will be staying.

Just want to say thanks for making our stay so nice and we will see you in a few months.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Miranda L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2012

We’re thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on exceptional customer service and we are very happy that you experienced this as well. Thank you for the positive review and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lady Lake
#2 of 2 in The Villages
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Villages
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lady Lake/The Villages
Sleep Inn & Suites Wildwood - The Villages

Been to TownePlace Suites The Villages? Share your experiences!