“Wonderful location - stuffy room unresponsive a/c”

TownePlace Suites The Villages
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lady Lake
DeFuniak Springs, Florida
“Wonderful location - stuffy room unresponsive a/c”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I had to come to the area for only an overnight visit. I actually found this hotel and purchased it thru priceline. First of all, let me say the staff is really friendly. The property is located in the area of an upper scale shopping area and residential community. Lots of golf carts. I wish I'd had more time for shopping and dining and that kind of thing. Even the movie theater was within walking distance. The property was clean and attractive. The pool area was pretty. I was able to use the workout area - the equipment was in good working order and I was happy with that. Now. This is July. When it came time to turn in, the a/c was unresponsive to my desire to lower the temp It stayed on 74 but felt much more stuffy than that. I usually carry a fan with me on hotel stays, but had not this time :( Called the front desk at 12:30 pm to ask if they had a fan to no avail. They said the a/c prob had to reset itself and indeed in about 30 or 40 minutes it came on and would pop on and off - but with no circulation, in the off times, it was very stuffy. (I should say the front desk offered to move us to another room, but who wants to do that at 1 in the morning. It'd be easier and less expensive to just supply the guest with a little table fan). Next, the bed. Sadly it was waaay too soft and I felt as if i'd fallen into a bad hole with no back support. So, not a good nights sleep at all. The continental breakfast was tasty and fulfilled my nutritional needs for another day of driving. There was always coffee in the lobby which was really good. Also there were a few areas where the property seemed a bit run down. But i didn't have a problem with the cleanliness - that was fine. No dust, the bathroom was clean. Also, the full kitchen was really nice. Also clean. But because of the a/c and the mattress discomfort issues, I'll have to rate this property with an average.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lizardmama62
, General Manager at TownePlace Suites The Villages, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
We’re very happy to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, our amenities, and found our location excellent for your visit. We hope that you will decide to stay with us again during your next visit to The Villages! Thank you for taking the time to write a review of TownePlace Suites The Villages.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Schaumburg, IL
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I stayed at Towne Place Suites in The Villages for one night in early June before my rental home in The Villages was available. Location was great -- right at Spanish Springs town square. Several restaurants are in walking distance of the hotel. Friendly staff, clean room and the internet worked well. I would stay here again if I could get a room under $100 per night as there are 2 other hotels within 5 mins. of this property that normally advertise rooms at under $90 per night.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank stdonatus
Miranda L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites The Villages, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
We’re pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our location perfect for your visit. We hope that you will decide to stay with us again during your next visit to The Villages! Thank you for taking the time to write a review of TownePlace Suites The Villages.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 26, 2012

The people are very nice but the hotel was a bit run down. My room was not what I expect from a cleanliness perspective. I decided to keep my bag on the table and not touch any of the furniture. Now I know you cant control bugs but given my concern for cleanliness, I didnt love seeing bugs in the bathroom at night when I turned the lights on. I wasnt here to visit th Villages so I didnt appreciate the location which may explain the other reviews but this will be the last time I stay here.

On a side note, I have stayed 100 nights already in Marriots and I was surprised to get one of the worst rooms (accross from the elevator and next to the Laundrey room) the hotel shows i can rent many more rooms (including the larger one bedrooms so I would normally recieve an upgrade or atleast an average room--instead I think I got the "Priceline Room" which is typically lower quality and no i didnt use Priceline but i did use my points.

I have another night here and may try to see if i can checkout..

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank CalliW
Miranda L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites The Villages, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your most recent stay. Your comments are appreciated and I will pass them along to the appropriate departments so that we can make improvements. We hope that you will decide to stay with us again during your next visit to The Villages so we can have the opportunity to exceed your expectations!
United States
Reviewed May 13, 2012

This is a pretty standard 2-2.5* place but what makes it special is its superb location and bright, airy feeling.

It is just around the corner from atmospheric Spanish Springs. You can walk to many restaurants, the movie theater, plenty of shops and the nice little town square.

About the price - it fluctuates wildly, sometimes costing well over $100/night. That's a bit much for what it is but in season there are not a lot of choices in The Villages. Off-season, the place is unbelievably inexpensive at those cut-rate online "secret stay" sites.

Breakfast is included and I'm not one to complain about anything free like that. It's cereal, yogurt, toast, juice.

The room, as the name implies, is a suite. It's a mini-suite to be sure, but it is well-equipped with a little kitchen, decent fridge, and all the necessities.

They lock the place around 10pm or so and you need your room key to get or phone the front desk.

Overall, I think this is a great place to stay as there is so little to choose from in The Villages. Just watch the price.

Room Tip: They are all pretty good.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Miranda L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites The Villages, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
We’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, our amenities, and found our location perfect for your visit. We hope that you will decide to stay with us again during your next visit to The Villages! Thank you for taking the time to write a review of TownePlace Suites The Villages.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I was able to get a 1 bedroom suite which was great for the 2 of us. The suite was great and very clean. But i must say it is nice to be able to check in to a place and have the employees seem like they were happy to be working there. the check in staff were great. we come to the area about 4 times a year so we have now found the place we will be staying.

Just want to say thanks for making our stay so nice and we will see you in a few months.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Miranda L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites The Villages, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
We’re thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on exceptional customer service and we are very happy that you experienced this as well. Thank you for the positive review and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon!
Florida
Reviewed April 14, 2012

We were able to get a one bedroom suite while in town for a funeral, and the Florida's resident rate was outstanding. This was a great place to stay with 2 toddlers. It was a standard continental breakfast, very nice lady at the desk when we checked in on April 11. One minor complaint was the hoops we had to jump through over the phone to have our room placed in close proximity to my parents, who were also in town for the funeral. Didn't understand why that took several calls and several minutes on the phone with a couple of different people to set that up -- this is the only reason I'm not putting 5-star. Thought that would be a simple request. Still, it was outstanding -- a nice room and great location to an area with a buzz to it. Internet worked great. We'll be back -- this will be our Lake County headquarters since there isn't a Residence Inn nearby.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Miranda L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites The Villages, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're delighted to hear that you found our front desk staff friendly! We hope you will stay with us again during your next visit to The Villages.
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Visiting family in The Villages. The hotel was okay, reception staff was great. Housekeeping could have been improved.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank drmakh
Miranda L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites The Villages, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay with us. We're delighted to hear that you found our staff friendly and helpful! We hope you will stay with us again during your next visit to The Villages.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lady Lake
Comfort Suites The Villages
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Villages
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lady Lake/The Villages
Sleep Inn & Suites Wildwood - The Villages

Been to TownePlace Suites The Villages? Share your experiences!