“Pleasant Extended Stay”

Comfort Suites The Villages
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lady Lake
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two weeks. It is conveniently located to Spanish Springs and Lady Lake shopping. The hotel appears to be older, but well maintained. Our room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The room maids in this hotel are a hard working group and did a great job. During our stay, we did not have WIFI in our room, however, the maintenace staff had just about finished installing a new system upon our departure. Local and USA TODAY newspapers are provided free daily. A generous breakfast is provided. You have to be a little patient and wait for a table sometimes, but most guests did not linger and tables freed up in short order. The breakfast staff did a great job keeping the food selections stocked. We had the use of an electric cart while exploring The Villages. On our first day, nobody could find an exterior outlet for recharging the cart. Near the end of our stay, the outlet was located behind a newspaper box to the left of the lobby entry door. This is a handy thing to know. We had to recharge our cart at a friends house, which was inconvenient. Our room was on the third floor. The only elevator is heavily used and quite slow, so we used the stairs a lot. The pool area is a very nice place to relax. Overall, we enjoyed our stay very much.

Room Tip: Try to get a first floor room to avoid the elevator.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ratt65

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed at Comfort Suites for just one night on our way to the gulf. This gave us an opportunity to check out the Villages via the Trolley Tour. Our suite had a comfortable king bed with nice linens. Bathroom was spotless. Good experience at the front desk. Free breakfast was very nice. We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: First floor suite was very quiet. Hotel was full in mid Feb. Make reservation early.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank BeJoni13
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Made a reservation for the last day of January and the next 2 days in February. Arrived late on the 31st. Was told no reservation for that day but for the next 2 nights. How that happened, no one knew. No rooms available. They did however suggest we try their sister hotel (the Hacienda) across the street. (See my review on the Hacienda).
They were able to accomodate us with no problems. While we were there, another reservation who had just driven 15 hours came in furious because the Comfort Suites had screwed up that reservation also. They had her down for the month of March!!!
Again, the Hacienda did accomodate .
What bothers me even more then their ability to screw up a reservation was the fact that when I called it in, I asked if it were possible to extend our stay as we went along. "Possibly, but there is an increase as of the 3rd of February due to busy season". Not familiar with what that meant, my mind raced with thoughts of "no...not Spring break..... Too early for Easter.... etc. So I inquited why was it their busy season. Quote, unquote "beacause all you people from (not mentioning the State), come in at that time". This made me angry and it took all I had not to say "so you only raise your rates when the people form ( ) come in?". Then to arrive and find we didn't have a room was just too much. NOT going to recommend to ANYONE. Howver, as I said, read my review of The Hacienda for much happier news.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank girlfriends2
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed while passing through on business. Bonnie at check-in was very nice and got me in my room quickly. Ground floor single queen room, not a suite but plenty of space. Micro/fridge and comfortable bed. Wireless logon was simple and quick, which I really appreciated. Bathroom was very clean, including tub floor, although the plastic tub insert was not the quality of tile one would expect. Complimentary bath items including lotion was nice. Also appreciated that the heater had already been turned on since it was a cold night. Shower had good pressure and lots of hot water. Room was quiet even though it was on the ground floor next to parking lot. Breakfast was the usual but tasty. Will certainly recommend to travelers and stay again myself.

1  Thank SS_Dan
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stay here often when we come to The Villages....The rooms are clean and it is a good value for the location, right next to the Spanish Springs area. Free Breakfast is good.

I have to say, this last time, I forgot a razor and needed a sanitary pad....Embarrassing as it was, I asked the desk clerk if he had either of the 2 - He looked at me with a blank stare and I said - neither? You don't even have a razor? He said - are you going to cut your self with it? I looked puzzled and annoyed by this point and very disappointed as I stay here at least 4 -5 times a year. He handed me the razor reluctantly.

2  Thank Shannon M
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have to give this hotel five dots even thought it isn't world class luxury because it is such a great value. For around $90 a night, we had a spacious room with two double beds and a sleeper sofa with a chair that made up a smalling living area. The room also had a small fridge and microwave. Our stay included a hot breakfast buffet in the morning. The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance to the square in Spanish Springs. This would be a great place for a family with kids to stay while visiting grand parents in The Villages.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank suzettemrut
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed a this hotel for two nights. I was attending the class in the area and this was the host hotel. The lobby and rooms were clean but pretty basic. There was no wifi in the rooms but the rooms had hard wired Internet in the rooms. For wifi you had to go to the lobby. The beds were averagely comfortable. The continental breakfast was okay and the dining area was clean. Overall the hotel was clean and I would call it an average place to stay. The location of this hotel is very nice. It is all around restaurants, shopping centers, and areas to walk around. I would stay at this hotel again but I may explore other options.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator. It is a little bit of a noisy area.
2  Thank CaptTroy
The Waterfront Inn
The Waterfront Inn
#2 of 2 in The Villages
Sleep Inn & Suites Wildwood - The Villages

Been to Comfort Suites The Villages? Share your experiences!