“Check it out”

El Ranchito
Ranked #29 of 69 Restaurants in Lady Lake
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went for dinner on a Saturday night. Didn't have to wait to be seated. Happy hour is only from 2 - 5, disappointing. Food was good, served prompt & hot. There were 4 of us and we got 1 basket of chips. Margaritas were ok. Would check them out again but earlier so I could enjoy happy hour.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Good Mexican food at fair prices. Mediocre margaritas. OK if you're in the mood for Tex Mex and on the north end of the Villages.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I did a take out order from this restaurant, and both my wife and myself liked the food.

I had previously heard that the restaurant wasn't that great, but we liked the food.

The interior of the restaurant is rather dated, so I wouldn't go there for the decor, but again, the food was good.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

IF YOU ARE A CONNESIEUR OF ORIGINAL MEXICAN CUISINE AND not TEX-MEX!! If you like your TEQUILA straight up and a good variety of the AGAVE this is the place. ..... Quality is consistent to typical mexican fare as you travel through mexico.
Home style and inexpensive..... A semi - pleasant atmosphere as there is NO adobe huts or cassita's .. Waitstaff are accomodating and helpful.... H'asta la wego amigo's !!!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This restaurant is located on a major highway which is one of the boundaries of The Villages retirement community in central Florida.

Perhaps I came here with expectations too high because it had been recommended to me as outstanding. I was somewhat disappointed with the service. It was several minutes after we sat down and we had still not been given menus or asked for our beverage order. Finally we asked for menus. After we were finally brought our beverages we still had to request the chips and salsa. The salsa was excellent and appeared to be freshly prepared. The chips were good but too large to dip into the salsa bowl and had to be broken before dipping.

The menu had the usual spread of a mixture of pre-defined meals, many of which allowed no substitutions.

We selected #30, the Mexican Dish with taco, enchilada, tamale, rice and chili. The portions were generous. The beef taco was good; the cheese enchilada would have been better if it had been cheese and onion, the tamale was somewhat dry, the rice was good and the chili was somewhat hot. In fact the chili was too hot for my dining companion. A warning that the chili might be disagreeably hot should have been given. It was served poured over the enchilada and the tamale.

This appeared to be a very busy restaurant, but I doubt that we will return because there is a better Mexican restaurant in the vicinity.