“" Una Poquito Mexico"”

El Ranchito
Ranked #29 of 69 Restaurants in Lady Lake
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 28, 2013

IF YOU ARE A CONNESIEUR OF ORIGINAL MEXICAN CUISINE AND not TEX-MEX!! If you like your TEQUILA straight up and a good variety of the AGAVE this is the place. ..... Quality is consistent to typical mexican fare as you travel through mexico.
Home style and inexpensive..... A semi - pleasant atmosphere as there is NO adobe huts or cassita's .. Waitstaff are accomodating and helpful.... H'asta la wego amigo's !!!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This restaurant is located on a major highway which is one of the boundaries of The Villages retirement community in central Florida.

Perhaps I came here with expectations too high because it had been recommended to me as outstanding. I was somewhat disappointed with the service. It was several minutes after we sat down and we had still not been given menus or asked for our beverage order. Finally we asked for menus. After we were finally brought our beverages we still had to request the chips and salsa. The salsa was excellent and appeared to be freshly prepared. The chips were good but too large to dip into the salsa bowl and had to be broken before dipping.

The menu had the usual spread of a mixture of pre-defined meals, many of which allowed no substitutions.

We selected #30, the Mexican Dish with taco, enchilada, tamale, rice and chili. The portions were generous. The beef taco was good; the cheese enchilada would have been better if it had been cheese and onion, the tamale was somewhat dry, the rice was good and the chili was somewhat hot. In fact the chili was too hot for my dining companion. A warning that the chili might be disagreeably hot should have been given. It was served poured over the enchilada and the tamale.

This appeared to be a very busy restaurant, but I doubt that we will return because there is a better Mexican restaurant in the vicinity.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Every Mexican place sells Marguaritas by the pitcher but what most of them won't tell you is that they don't have a liquor license and their Marguaritas really have no Tequila--they're just wine coolers with sour juices. But El Ranchito makes the real deal! And they have a full bar.

Their food is rather average, nothing special. On my most recent visit, I had enchiladas that were tasty enough but the sauce was rather bland. I prefer a spicy hot sauce but I understand they have to cater to the masses and it's safer to make Mexican food with mild or medium heat.

The staff, including the ever-present Mamacita, are Mexican themselves for the most. They are very friendly and attentive. Prices are very reasonable. It's a nice place.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Service was not good at all. Had to aske several times for what ever we needed. Will not return. Food was ok but nothing outstanding.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

If you like very mild seasoning and nothing particularly exciting, this might be worth a try. I'd suggest lunch as it's a lot less expensive. NOT real Mexican food, for sure!