“Disappointed”

El Ranchito
Ranked #23 of 66 Restaurants in Lady Lake
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Service was not good at all. Had to aske several times for what ever we needed. Will not return. Food was ok but nothing outstanding.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

If you like very mild seasoning and nothing particularly exciting, this might be worth a try. I'd suggest lunch as it's a lot less expensive. NOT real Mexican food, for sure!

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Mexican restaurants usually give you a choice of 'heat'. this one didn't and the food was kind of bland with no heat whatsoever. The guacamole and salsa was good. and the $$ was pretty cheap

Reviewed June 19, 2012

This place has authentic Mexican food, and an authentic feeling atmosphere. It is not unusual to see Mamacita herself bussing tables and running around the restaurant. On occassion there is someone going table to table playing the guitar in the evenings.

Our favorite things to order:
The fajitas
The quesadilla (chicken specifically)
Any combo with rice and beans
The taco salad

Their guacamole and salsa are both really good. They'll keep filling up the chips as long as you keep eating them. They also have a full service bar with decent beer on tap and bottled beers.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

Don't go if you're looking for upscale and elegant. DO GO if you want great Mexican food at great prices. We love it here and go often. Not much atmosphere but everything else is super. I can't eat much spicy/hot food and their mild salsa is awesome. I could just about drink it! But my husband likes spicy food and they have a regular salsa that is just right for him. I love their Fajitas Texana--beef, chicken and shrimp. Love it. My husband goes for the cheesy goodness of their enchilada combo. Then we share! The fajitas for one is really plenty for two meals. I always have leftovers which feeds my husband the next day. Can't beat that!