“Disappointing”

Dining options: Reservations
The Villages, Florida
“Disappointing”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Arrived at 11 a.m. on a weekday. Four others were in the venue of somewhat Spartan cowboy decor. As lunch time approached the room filled. This writer does not know why any but the unsuspecting would enter.

To be fair, the collards were great! That was the highest point of the experience.
A pulled pork sandwich was ordered. The big bun with a dusting of corn meal promised a substantial host for the very modest portion of juicy pulled pork. The flavor was thin. The two sauces provided, a mustard with an overwhelming vinegar flavor and the hot which was mostly just hot, did not kick anything up even one notch. The bun soon became a glob of dough. The pale iceberg lettuce salad was chilled. The BLT served on Texas style toast boasted more bread than anything.
The late check-back, "how was everything?", resulted in a dispute regarding the amount of meat on the pulled pork sandwich. The server countered that usually the portion is very big. It wasn't.
Prior to leaving, a trip to the facilities was desired. Without a knock the male manager barged into the women's rest room to, as he reported "check supplies".
This place is not one which seems in any manner worthy of a return visit.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank johnfjohnston

“Our fav bbq joint!”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We love Texas Stockyards! Some of the best tea and brisket! Breakfast is top notch! We are lucky to always have great service as well. Oh and the portions are excellent!

Summerfield, Florida, United States
“Great brisket--poor service”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have eaten several times and have concluded that I will only go here when I want excellent beef brisket. The other food isn't nearly as good as the brisket. (I haven't tried their ribs though) Also, the service always seems to be fair at best and usually poor.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Kevin G
The Villages, Florida
“A really good find!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We met friends for dinner here this evening without knowing anything about the restaurant. And what a really good find it was!!

Pam, our server, was quite attentive, without being a pest! And the food was outstanding!! The meats are certainly smoked to perfection. I had the pork loin stuffed with boudin, my friend had the sliced brisket, her husband had the "dry and spicy ribs" and my husband had the "sweet and wet ribs." There was enough food for us to bring home, and my husband said the collard greens were the best he has ever had! The portions were generous, the food was outstanding, the service was good, the atmosphere was calm, and the prices were quite reasonable. Yep, this was quite a discovery! And we will certainly be back!!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Reagan534
Summerfield, Florida
“Food was fine, service UNSATISFACTROY”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have been to this restaurant a few times but today will be my last. There is only one server that works and that is Brian. The girls stand around and talk, even the hostess is not available to seat you. The prices are much higher than the near by Oakwood BBQ. I asked three different people for a coffee refill and they either ignored me or said Brian would be back and take care of me. I went to the back and there stood all the girls talking and laughing. What makes it even worse the girls would be in a hurry to run to the tables and pick up tips when customers left. After pickin up the tip the dark hair young girl(pony tail) yelled across the restaurant for Brian to help her bus the table. She had done nothing in the 30 minutes I sat there and Brian was trying handle all the table. This place will fold if Brian ever leaves. I have several friends I asked about Texas Stockyards and they all have said they liked it at first but now the service is rotten and they will not return. In my opinion Brian would be much better off looking for a server job at a restaurant where is dedication would be appreciated and not taken advantage of over and over. I dont know if the girls are owner related but they are ruining the business. What makes it worse there never seems to be any management personnel there overseeing the operation.

• Visited August 2013