“A really good find!”

Dining options: Reservations
The Villages, Florida
“A really good find!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We met friends for dinner here this evening without knowing anything about the restaurant. And what a really good find it was!!

Pam, our server, was quite attentive, without being a pest! And the food was outstanding!! The meats are certainly smoked to perfection. I had the pork loin stuffed with boudin, my friend had the sliced brisket, her husband had the "dry and spicy ribs" and my husband had the "sweet and wet ribs." There was enough food for us to bring home, and my husband said the collard greens were the best he has ever had! The portions were generous, the food was outstanding, the service was good, the atmosphere was calm, and the prices were quite reasonable. Yep, this was quite a discovery! And we will certainly be back!!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Reagan534

Summerfield, Florida
“Food was fine, service UNSATISFACTROY”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have been to this restaurant a few times but today will be my last. There is only one server that works and that is Brian. The girls stand around and talk, even the hostess is not available to seat you. The prices are much higher than the near by Oakwood BBQ. I asked three different people for a coffee refill and they either ignored me or said Brian would be back and take care of me. I went to the back and there stood all the girls talking and laughing. What makes it even worse the girls would be in a hurry to run to the tables and pick up tips when customers left. After pickin up the tip the dark hair young girl(pony tail) yelled across the restaurant for Brian to help her bus the table. She had done nothing in the 30 minutes I sat there and Brian was trying handle all the table. This place will fold if Brian ever leaves. I have several friends I asked about Texas Stockyards and they all have said they liked it at first but now the service is rotten and they will not return. In my opinion Brian would be much better off looking for a server job at a restaurant where is dedication would be appreciated and not taken advantage of over and over. I dont know if the girls are owner related but they are ruining the business. What makes it worse there never seems to be any management personnel there overseeing the operation.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank daveteerosgo
SUMMERFIELD, FL
“REALLY GOOD”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I had the smoked turkey which ranked far above any other smoked turkey in the area. My friends from North Carolina raved about the ribs, said were as good as if not better than the N.C. ribs. I gave it a 4 only because the service was a little on the slow side. Don't know if it was the waitress or the kitchen. I will definitely return.

• Visited July 2013
Preston, United Kingdom
“Best BBQ ever..I dream of your ribs..wish I didnt live over a 1000 miles away!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Texas Stockyards was amazing..fantastic food..great service..and so purse friendly. The food was tasty and mouth watering, ribs fell off the bone, succulent chicken and turkey, tender beef, in fact we tried lots of the menu and it was all fantastic. Our favorite restaurant while we were on vacation and possibly the best place to eat and our favorite place in all the traveling we have done in the lovely U.S . We found this by accident on the way back to Kissimmee after a day out. Even though we were staying over 1 hour away from the Texas Stockyards we traveled to eat the amazing food 4 times! I miss you Texas Stockyards..I dream of your ribs..and chicken..and turkey and Brisket..I think we need to move near you! Thank you for our happy holiday memories and for taking great care of us,See you next year.

• Visited June 2013
“Do it Texas Style!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

FlavorFULL BBQ in a tasteful Texas decor. Great prices with good portions. So glad we happened on this place.

• Visited July 2013