“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Texas Stockyards BBQ - CLOSED

Texas Stockyards BBQ
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lady Lake, Florida
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

The service was good. Our food came out quickly and portions were good. The menu had a variety of choices for meats and sides. It was clean and the atmosphere felt like a BBQ restaurant.

• Visited April 2013

“Fun casual place & very good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We tried this local place with 2 other couples with special coupons & what a nice surprise! Delightful waitress & plenty of delicious ribs (choice 2 kinds) with choice of 2 sides! Both of us $20.
We shall return!

Kingsville, Canada
“Another great BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Excellent place to take friends for a casual dinner. We had the full rack of ribs with four sides, and it was a great meal/deal for two people. Samples the beef ribs from a friends plate, and would probably get them next time, they were delicious.

Visited February 2013
Mount Dora, Florida
“Average Food & Poor Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stopped at Texas Stockyards because there were several cars in the parking lot, and we assumed from the name that it was a steak restaurant rather than a BBQ place. Once we understood that the menu featured BBQ we opted to stay because it was late, and I had looked at the TA reviews and felt like we would receive a good meal.

We were seated immediately and given menus. For the next 20 minutes servers walked past us, but no one asked for our beverage order and no one took our food order. The restaurant was not busy, and the servers were chatting around the cash register, but no one seemed concerned about us. After 30 minutes my husband asked the bar tender if she knew how we could place an order.

In a few minute a server arrived and took our orders. I selected beef brisket, and my husband decided on prime rib. Again, it was a fairly long wait for our food to arrive, and it was delivered by a different server. My brisket was OK. It was not exceptionally dry, which is often the case with brisket, but it was not unique or spectacular. It was eatable. My husband's prime rib was a bit too done, but no one ever returned to ask if the meat was cooked appropriately. He ate about 1/4 of it. We brought the rest home, where it spent several days in the refrigerator before I tossed it out. The meat had little BBQ flavor, but was strangely bitter.

There is a wide selection of side dishes, and our choices were tasty. We would probably have ordered a dessert if anyone would have returned and ask us. After waiting again for some time for the check to appear we made another trip to the bar keeper who managed to get our check. We paid and left. We did not see the same person more than once during our experience in this restaurant. I could not even identify who our server was supposed to be.

In addition, no one at this restaurant was particularly friendly or personable. They all seemed irritated that we had come into the restaurant. I would understand this if we walked in 30 minutes before closing time, but we were there at 6:30pm. That was well before the restaurant closed I did not enjoy the feeling that we were not customers, but just an inconvenience.

The food was OK. There are better BBQ restaurants in central Florida. There are even better BBQ restaurants in Lady Lake. I cannot imagine why we would return to this restaurant, but if there were no better choices I would not object to eating this food again. There was nothing really wrong with it, and I have certainly had much worse BBQ.

I cannot say the same thing for the service. The Texas Stockyards ranks in my top ten of very bad service. I have no idea why everyone was so hesitant to help us, but having to request assistance from the bar tender to place your order or pay your bill is not a proper way to manage a restaurant. Everyone in this place needs a crash course in customer service.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Busy-retired
Oswego, New York
“Good food Friendly service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

We got in just before closing to have some dessert. Our server was fantastic. he explained anything we asked . He recommended the lava cake for me ( elicious) and the buffallo nuggets for my husband. Great choices. He told us to take our time and wrapped all our leftovers to take back to our hotel next door. We will definately go back.

• Visited February 2013