“Smaller than expected!!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lady Lake/The Villages
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Lady Lake
Reviewed March 14, 2011

The only room pics shown on the website are of the suites. We booked through Hotels.com and got a really good price. It was not the room we expected. The wireless internet did not work on the 2nd or 3rd floor. We were told at the desk that we needed to be closer to the lobby. They did have a loaner ethernet cable but they advertise free wireless internet. Will not stay again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Nishikant G, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lady Lake/The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2011

We have three different types of rooms, single queen, double queens and suites. The single queens are the most economical and great for overnighters but we also have larger rooms, which are available for $5.00-$10.00 extra per night. All you have to do is request the type of room you will be needing and we will oblige.

There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lady Lake/The Villages

Reviewed December 27, 2010

We stayed at this motel for nine nights and expect to return for another getaway in the spring. The room was clean and roomy and the queen beds were comfortable. All the lighting is overhead, and I prefer lamps. That said, I requested a desk lamp. Done. Requested additonal desk chair. Done. For the money, I didn't expect all the amenities we received. As for things to do, the setting is ideal. One can easily access Disney, The Holy Land Experience, and other numerous attractions in Orlando as well as tons of sites in The Villages...all without excessive traffic. Our trip to Orlando was only an hour and a half.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jean4467
Reviewed February 28, 2010

The hotel was very clean but the rooms were very small. There was a lot of noise during the night. Kids running up and down the hallway above us and doors slamming until about 12:30 at night. Also, the hotel is really not around many other things.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank jacook1234

Since this review we have new management in place. But to be fair, this was a weekend when there was a young kids sports team at the hotel. If someone had called down to the front desk, certainly we would have taken care.

Also, we have several different types of rooms. For a small fee($5.00-$10.00) you can always upgrade to a larger rooms.

Reviewed February 22, 2010

I do not believe that you can beat this motel for price and quality in the Leesburg area. Most of the rooms are small but for a small increase you can get a nice size room with 2 queens. It is clean and well maintained. The staff do a great job and the complimentary breakfast is fine. The customers were middle class but we did see a Mercedes in the parking lot along with many other middle to higher price cars.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FloridaGator086
Reviewed March 7, 2008

I was exceptionally pleased with my stay at the Microtel Lady Lake. This is probably partly because it was only my second stay at a Microtel, and it was a test. The week before I tried a Microtel in another state and it was deplorable. I didn't want to dismiss an entire chain for one very bad experience, so I thought I'd give it another shot. This one was pricier than some other Microtels, but once I got to Lady Lake and The Villages, I learned that accommodations there are more expensive (not really sure why) than I would have guessed. This Microtel was as nice as my previous one was awful. Sparkling clean, very comfortable beds, decent continental breakfast, and friendly desk staff. It's convenient to The Villages, and there's a very good BBQ restaurant right next door. My experience at this Microtel has prompted me to consider staying with the chain again.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank Travelin_Bear
Reviewed December 4, 2007

We stayed for 3 nights while visiting the villages, very clean hotel and welcoming, better to stay in 2 room backing on to swimming pool as rooms are bigger. Would recommend to anyone

William

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank harveylance
Reviewed November 1, 2007

I stayed there for two nights (Fri/Sat). The hotel was easy to find- right off highway 27. Quick check-in (I had booked through their website). The room was small but good enough for two people. Queen size bed was comfy. The towels/sheets all very clean. Cable worked well. the room had good views of the highway/hills nearby.
No complaints; 4 out of 5 stars because it was a bit pricey for the size, but its ok because it was unexpectedly very clean.
Definitely would stay in one of their hotels again.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank emery c
The Waterfront Inn
#2 of 2 in The Villages
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Leesburg/Mt Dora
Best Western Plus Chain Of Lakes Inn & Suites

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lady Lake/The Villages? Share your experiences!