“Great hotel, even better staff and location!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express - The Villages

Holiday Inn Express - The Villages
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Lady Lake
Dallas
“Great hotel, even better staff and location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2010

The hotel is amazing, we enjoyed our stay so much, we decided to extend our stay for a couple extra nights. The location and area is unbelievable, you can walk to the square where they have live music / entertainment 365 days a year, a ton of shopping and restaurants. The hotel staff knew exactly where everything was and were more than happy to assist us in any way possible. Definitely coming back here in a few months. I wished they had bigger TVs, but the staff said they are updating the entire hotel soon.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnTeam, Front Desk Agent at Holiday Inn Express - The Villages, responded to this review, August 22, 2010
Thank you for your wonderful comments! We are happy that you enjoyed yourselves so much and took advantage of our close proximity to the Town Square. We pride ourselves in our local knowledge and are pleased whenever we can provide our guests with the best Villages experience possible. We are currently relaunching the hotel and by September all of our rooms will have 32" LCD Flatscreen TV's for your viewing pleasure. By the time you return, you will find the hotel looking better than ever. We look forward to seeing you again in a few months! --The Holiday Inn Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Elkhart, IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2009

This HIE needs new TVs, new mattresses, and Wireless Internet. However, they do allow pets and the staff is super nice. Great location, not far from the square and shopping. The hotel was quiet and breakfast was good. I work for Hilton so it is hard for me to say that this was a great hotel... but it was. :)

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your feedback. We are under new Management and are currently relaunching our Holiday Inn Express. We are already painting the exterior of the building and are excited to see the finished look. As for the rooms, you will find all new carpeting in all of the rooms, brand new 32" LCD Flatscreen TVs, new furniture, granite countertops, and wireless internet, just to name a few! We are glad that you enjoyed our Express Start hot breakfast (Did you try the Cinnamon Buns?? They are amazing!) as well as our staff's hospitality and the Town Square. Thank you for your review and we hope you come back to see us after our relaunch! -- The Holiday Inn Team
Punta Gorda, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2009

My first impression upon entering the lobby was good. Has a nice hacienda motif and relaxing. I grabbed my luggage and headed to my room on the third floor at the very end of the hall. Alas, my key would not work! So, I pack everything back down to the lobby where the clerks laughs and explains that she forgot to key the cards. No big deal, my pick up window bagged lunch has been cold for more than 15 minutes anyway.

The room was decorated nicely. The carpet was 6 months overdue for cleaning. They patched several large places in the walls and did not paint over the spackle. On a positive note, the mattress wasn't bad and it was very quiet. The breakfast was nice, just stay away from the fake scrambled eggs! I liked not having to stop before my meeting to get breakfast.

The Villages is well known for nice places.... This is not a good fit for the community. I am going to stay at the Waterfront and give it a try on my next trip here.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnTeam, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express - The Villages, responded to this review, March 20, 2011
We are extremely sorry to hear about your bad stay during 2009, however, I wanted to let you know that we have remodeled all of our guest rooms completely as of January 2011. Also, our guest review scores are now among the top in the Holiday Inn system. Hope these changes will help us earn your business back in the near future.

Dave Murdock
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2009

While on business nearby I stayed here. My company paid the $89.00 bill, never the less it was really not worth the $$. I am a true blue Hilton chain person, but sadly none near this area.
The hotel abuts a older hacienda style hotel-not sure what that was about, but one may think that they are the same hotel. The room I had (333) was on the highest floor, near the end of the hall. Upon entering the hall from the elevator I immediately noticed a loud motor-type humming noise. I wondered if it would eventually go off . The room was musty/moldy smelling although I could see no mold anywhere. I believe it was the AC/Heat unit because I would smell it stronger when I turned the fan on higher. The smell was so strong I woke several times through the night. The bedding is not at all comparable to the Hampton Inn's (same $$). Some may find it comfortable but I like super cozy and this was not. 4 pillows I would describe as little puff balls. Great new towels and wash cloths. Basic toiletries and cheap coffee for the room brewer. One great thing-the window actually opened for fresh air. Alas, the previously mentioned loud humming noise was easily heard from my room. I wondered, each time I awoke with musty/moldy smell, whether the humming would ever stop. It didn't.
There was a small, but great looking outdoor pool. The complimentary breakfast was good.
All in all I won't stay there again if my travels take me back to The Villages. I did see a Comfort Suites and a Marriott nearby.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Buckeye460
Bonaire, Ga
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2009

Had trouble with their wireless internet. Staff seemed unmotivated to fix it. After a little cajoling they decided to quit saying it worked and flipped a switch. They acted like the were upset they had to get off their butts.

Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Moss Point, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2009

Hotel in great location! Pet friendly good places to walk hounds. Chillis right next door and lots of other great resturants to choose from real close. Clerk at front desk always friendly. Directed us to great Japanese food. I can't recall resturant. The Austin Flordia Horse and Carriage Museum is 5 minutes away and a must see. Go through the carriage museum to live past days and then have a beautiful carriage ride through the grounds.
Rooms very clean, spacious beds comfortable. Great full breakfast in large dining room. I am sure there are more expensive fancy hotels but this is good for the value!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2008

We were visiting family in The Villages and stayed at this Holiday Inn. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful - probably the nicest I have ever experienced at a Holiday Inn. Attractive pool area, breakfast was included and very good. Location was great - walking distance to Spanish Springs - several nice restaurants. Chili's is just next door. The hotel iteself was clean and well kept. We would definately stay here again the next time we visit.

• Liked — Location - great staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
The Waterfront Inn
#2 of 2 in The Villages
TownePlace Suites The Villages
Sleep Inn & Suites Wildwood - The Villages

Been to Holiday Inn Express - The Villages? Share your experiences!