Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Villages
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Lady Lake
Port Saint Joe, Florida
“Just OK”
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Facility was a bit dated, but clean. Our 1st room, we had issues with the room keys & we had a barking dog in the room across from us. They were able to move us, but we had noisy neighbors top & bottom. Appreciate the complimentary breakfast.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
murdock66, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Villages, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear SJBBeachme,

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review on your experience with us. We always appreciate your feedback. I'm sorry to hear about the barking dog in the room next door, however, if you let us know right away, we can take care of that issue by calling the owner of the dog on their cell phone right away. Anyways, I'm very pleased that you enjoyed our Free Hot Breakfast bar. Thank you once again.

Yours at hospitality,

David Murdock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Michigan
Reviewed January 18, 2014

My husband & I were in Lady Lake to visit The Viilages and wanted a hotel near by. After reading reviews on Trip Advisor, this hotel was top rated. I am not sure what hotel these people stayed at. We had booked two nights-Jan.6th & 7th at this hotel. What a disappointment! We were hoping to be close to the Town Center of Spanish Springs as stated in description of hotel but hotel is at entrance to get to Spanish Springs directly on a major highway and you really need to drive to Town Center.. The person behind the counter was friendly & efficient. We got our keys and proceeded to room and the elevator & hallways floors were wore & dirty. Not a good sign. We approached our room and there was a handwritten note taped to the key lock on instructions to open door. I looked at other rooms nearby and there were no other notes. I am thinking maybe there was problems with this lock.. Not a good sign. Entered room-very musty smell. Asked to see another room and that room smelled a little better but right next to highway-very noisy. Went down and ensure that we would not get charged for next night's stay if we cancelled it now. No problem. We paid for a king size efficiently suite and got a regular room with a small refrigerator and small microwave. The furniture in room was stained. The carpets were worn & dirty looking and I refused to walk barefoot in room. Bathroom was in bad shape-chips on bathtub and terrible chalking on bottom of tub. The door in bathroom would not stay open-had to prop with something from bathroom.. Even the plug outlet covers were dirty. Heater in room had many settings but only two worked-very cold or very hot. We did check the nearby hotels for future visitors and your best bet is the Comfort Suites across the street form the Holiday Inn. The entire hotel is being renovated and the rates are lower. The next morning upon checking out, I talked to manager to ensure we would not get charged for second night. I did offer him the opportunity to read this report and didn't want to read it and asked me not to post it. He asked me to let him make it right. He took me up to an upgraded room and when we opened the door, I was almost knocked out by the smell. He mentioned there was some water problems but told me they were taken care of. I told me I was not interested in staying in this hotel another night even if it was free. He asked me not to post report and I told him, I am not doing this to be mean, I just want to warn other visitors what I have experienced at this hotel. I work very hard for my money and thought I wasted my $130.00 at this hotel. We left without a reservation for the night but told my husband I would rather spend the night in rental car than here. The people who work here are very nice but Holiday Inn needs to spend some money updating their hotels..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank hitops
Dear hitops,

First of all, I'm extremely sorry to hear about your stay with us. As you can see from our other reviews, our hotel provides great comfortable rooms and friendly service. However, I will definitely take care of the issues that you mentioned. I hope you would get another chance in the near future, and I would also like to thank you for your time.

Yours at hospitality,

David Murdock
Mississippi
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We always stay here while visiting family in the Villages. Staff at check in is always nice and professional. Room is large and clean. Parking and internet are free. Microwave and fridge in our room with flat screen tv. Breakfast was better than a normal HEXP. Omelets one day, Scrambled Eggs with bacon and sausage along with biscuits and gravy. They are pet friendly for an additional fee, but worth it. Lots of grassy areas to exercise our dog. Walking distance to Spanish Springs square. We will stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jkdaves
Elk Grove Village, Illinois, United States
Reviewed December 19, 2013

The management at this hotel is awesome the place is kept clean I can always tell a clean hotel by the windows if they clean the windows everything else seems to be clean. Allen and David do a excellent job. We stayed for over 3 weeks and got a great price with a free breakfast every day.

The location is perfect I highly recommend you stay at this Holiday inn express.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Ohio
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

This HHI express is a little worn but still clean and comfortable. Staff was very helpful and breakfast was typical for this chain. We walked a couple of blocks to the city square where we found music dancing and lots of folks having fun. We will stay here again if only for its location.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LoveHHIOhio
Saint-Beat, France
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Lovely big bedroom with comfortable king bed.

The room has a microwave, fridge, tea and coffee facilities and free wifi.

Also coffee and tea are available 24 hours in the reception area.

Hot free breakfast too which is a bonus.

Easy to walk into main street and the town square in the Villages.

If you stay and you have time - try to visit Silver Springs Leisure Park and do the glass bottom boat ride - it is wonderful and only approximately 30 minutes away.

You can hire golf buggy's too for approx. $17 a day to drive round the Villages too - great fun.

There is an outside pool that they say is heated but when we visited - 29 November it was too cold to swim in - this was a real shame because it was one of the reasons we reserved.

Free fitness centre and laundry facilities in the hotel too.

Room Tip: Not sure really - we had 207 which overlooked the car park so nice to be able to keep an eye on our...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I have been living out of hotels for the past 4 months now, while he is in the police academy. We have been to a minimum of 4 different hotels in different surrounding areas, and this is BY FAR the best hotel we have stayed at. We ended up staying there at least 4-5 different weekends. The staff is so friendly, helpful and really try to make you feel at home. The hotel is clean and very quiet and it has a great breakfast every morning. It is located a walks way to Spanish Springs Towne Square, which has a variety of restaurants and things to entertain yourself. Thanks to Dave for always making us feel welcome!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
#2 of 2 in The Villages
TownePlace Suites The Villages
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lady Lake/The Villages
Sleep Inn & Suites Wildwood - The Villages

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Villages? Share your experiences!