“FOR SALAD LOVERS”

sweet tomatoes
Ranked #7 of 67 Restaurants in Lady Lake
Cuisines: Armenian
Reviewed August 11, 2013

If you like salads, this is your place!!!!!!, otherwise, don't spend your money and gas. the variety of salads and vegetables is great !!!! but I like more meat with my lunch, so i don't think i will be back soon.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

For less than $10, if you love salad you absolutely cannot beat Sweet Tomatoes. It has a huge selection of both fresh and prepared salads. Everything is fresh and crisp and things are kept very clean. In addition to salad there is a changing selection of 8 soups available at all times as well as a variety of breads, muffins, rice, baked potatoes and pasta. The soups are delicious and often different and interesting. Now, if you have a problem with older Americans don't eat here as it is near (not in) The Villages huge retirement community. On the plus side that means not a lot of ill-mannered kids eating directly off the salad bar and/or covering the floor with food. The clientele is generally quiet, well-mannered and they don't trash the place so if this bothers you eat at Chucky Cheese.

1  Thank knothead1
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I guess since this place is in "The Villages" which translates as retirement mecca (old folks), they have to tone the food down to taste like baby food, as those old folks can't handle spice, fats, sugars, or salts. My first (and last) for this place...

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I had passed by this place for a couple yrs and never went in until today. I decided I wanted a healthy salad vs fast food had no idea what to expect. Upon walking in a huge salad bar awaited me with lots of toppings and veggies I had never thought about combining. Everything was fresh and constantly being filled with employees paying attention to all the stations. For $10 I got unlimited salad hot varities of soup hot breads and dessert bar with a drink. Needless to say I piled up on my salad. The employees were smiling.The place was very clean and had the look of an industrious warehouse but big.Very Very clean even the bathrooms were clean and fancy. Pleasant surprise sorry I had waited so long to stop in.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

This was my first visit to a Sweet Tomatoes but certainly won't be my last. So many choices makes this a great place for a mixed crowd meaning meat eaters, vegetarians, and even Vegans! The salad bar was great and I appreciate having ingredients listed. Only drawback I saw was they need to be more careful washing the dishes as I had to reject several dishes before finding one without food left on it!