“Awesome Service, Awesome Ribs”

Oakwood Smokehouse & Grill
Ranked #1 of 67 Restaurants in Lady Lake
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I come here every time I'm in the area. Hands down some of the best ribs I've ever eaten. Side dishes and cobbler is great as well. This place is worth the wait (there usually is one)

Reviewed August 4, 2013

The ribs were excellent and the sliced pork had wonderful flavor, though not as moist as Sonnys. Good sized helpings. The sides were slightly disappointing. The corn fritters were not as good as I was expecting and the fried okra was too heavily breaded. The roasted corn salad was good, I enjoyed that the best. If you're up for dessert, definitely go with one of their cobblers! Service and atmosphere was good. If I had the choice between Oakwood or Sonnys, I might lean slightly towards Sonnys.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Had a good meal, service was average. All in all, it was okay, but not terrific. An average meal in an average place, with average service.

SmokyOak, Manager at Oakwood Smokehouse & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thanks for the review. We try extremely hard to maintain the highest standards. We understand that the next meal we serve is the most important. Getting "average" reviews, while not acceptable, is fuel to motivate us to get better. I share all the reviews with the staff. We all appreciate the feedback and take it very seriously. Your thoughts are appreciated.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

When friends from up north visit, Oakwood is always on our to do list. This year no exception. They were pleasantly surprised that quality as good as ever, we take it for granted. Always amazed at how fast food comes out and soooo good.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

After eating in the same old Central Florida places over the last 35 or more years, we are branching out and trying new places. Oakwood Smokehouse was on my bucket list for this summer and proved to be a great meal.

I had a chopped pork sandwich with corn fritters and I can truly say that this place meets my standards. My wife had the Aus Jus and it was not what we expected although was still good food. To us, au jus implies some beef broth with it... My mother-in-law had the best sweet potato that she says she has ever had.

The atmosphere was interesting with lots of wood trim and a large catch of mounted wildlife and fishing trophies.

We will be back to this establishment and will probably be bringing the kids and families.